yconic - Early Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Acceptance

A photo of TheIllest TheIllest
Hey, I am not sure if this is the right forum but it is a question about business so I'm guessing it is. Even though I am a grade 11 student, I am planning to peruse my career into the accounting field, preferably the CA designation. My dream university is Waterloo but in general I was wondering how does early acceptance work with any universities? What do they look at and is it important to receive it? Once you get it does it mean you have a higher chance than other to be accepted?

Thank you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of garethdomingo garethdomingo
Early acceptances are usually based heavily on grade 11 marks, in courses that are similar to grade 12 prereqs. Essentially they see how well you did in grade 11, then maybe look at marks from first semester grade 12 (depending on how early) and make an offer.

With other universities, it is also based on how early you hand in your supplementary application, which is an additional one other than your application through OUAC (which everyone does).

An early acceptance is just that - you are accepted to the university (most likely a conditional acceptance, like maintaining a certain average). I'm not sure what you mean by " Once you get it does it mean you have a higher chance than other to be accepted?"

So this is the break down:

Do well in Grade 11 -> apply to all your universities through OUAC in grade 12 -> hand in your supplementary application to the universities that require it -> get accepted early.
Was this helpful? Yes 0