yconic - Early Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Acceptance

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
I'm a grade 11 student right now and I'm curious about early acceptances. So when the universities look at your grade 11 marks, do they look at 6 U/M courses, or do they look at your first semester grade 12 marks and then the top grade 11 ones together? I'm only doing 5 U/M courses this year, 2 of which this semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Pretty sure if they see your grade 11 marks, they see all of them. And then your grade 12 marks up until whenever they accept/reject you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Early acceptance is based only on Grade 11 marks only, no grade 12 marks included, and yes U/M courses then during February they send your first term marks to the universities

I honestly do not see the difference in receiving an acceptance in December compared to one in February, no big deal either way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erikafloress erikafloress
For early acceptance, they look at your grade 11 marks. If the university wants your grade 12 marks, they will ask your high school to provide them your grade 12 first semester midterm marks.

Hope that helps! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of eedensp eedensp
i got early acceptance and all that was visible so far on the ouac website were my gr 11 courses but honestly, it makes no difference I'm waiting until later to make my decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of origamiprincess origamiprincess
When I applied for university a few days ago, I noticed that the only marks that were being submitted on my application were from courses I'd already completed. So since I have a few grade 12 courses that I did last year, those are being considered, but I think that the universities only see marks from finished courses. =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@origamiprincess wrote
When I applied for university a few days ago, I noticed that the only marks that were being submitted on my application were from courses I'd already completed. So since I have a few grade 12 courses that I did last year, those are being considered, but I think that the universities only see marks from finished courses. =)

+1, you have to COMPLETE the course. For example, if you take Grade 12 Advanced Functions in grade 11, I'm pretty sure they will use it for early acceptance.

Also, its important to note that most major competitive programs in Canada will not give out early acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of luckybee luckybee
they look at grade 11 marks and depending on the deadline, then your first term grade 12 marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jesspauselli jesspauselli
I got early acceptance to two different universities and I applied regularly like everyone else, through ouac 101 and a week or so later I got accepted, although it may be longer for others, when I receved the acceptace package and it said in one of the letters "due to your excellent grade 11 marks" so I'm assuming that I didn't include any of my grade 12 marks. But like another person said I'm waiting for a wile longer to see what other acceptances i get before I make my decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MW0NG MW0NG
they only look at your grade 11 marks.
all of them!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashley99948 ashley99948
early acceptance is great and all, but it means nothing unless you keep your marks up.
you could easily have great marks in grade 11, but you need to work even harder in grade 12.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kassandra Kassandra
It depends on the university. You should check specifically for the university you want to go to. For early exceptance the universities will usually look at your first grade 12 marks and your highest grade 11 marks. However, again this varies depending on the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Love2travel Love2travel
I think when I applied for university last year, they requested Grade 11 grades. I had to choose my best 5 Grade 11 courses. When you apply, it's usually in your first semester of Grade 12, so you inevitably won't have any marks for Grade 12 that they can see. They need something to identify your academic standing, so Grade 11 marks it is.
However, with most universities you are required to send in your Grade 12 transcripts after each semester..this gives them solid proof of your grades so they can finalize whether or not to accept you. All in all, your Gr.12 marks are the key to your university entrance! Study hard :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ashley99948 wrote
early acceptance is great and all, but it means nothing unless you keep your marks up.
you could easily have great marks in grade 11, but you need to work even harder in grade 12.

Except usually you only have to be within 3% of the cutoff to keep your offer, so there certainly are benefits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AshleyLynne AshleyLynne
They dont even see your grade twelve marks until after most early acceptences go out, so yes it's based on grade 11 marks. I only took six grade 11 U or U/C courses so that's all they're looking at right now. they wonnt get my grade 12 marks until semester one is long over.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Stop bumping this. It's been answered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0