yconic - Early Acceptance & Applying for university question!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Acceptance & Applying for university question!

A photo of CatWarrior1995 CatWarrior1995
1.) So bascially early acceptance is based on your top 4 grade 12 marks ( 1st semester) and two grade 11 courses? Assuming you did better in grade 12 than 11.

2.) For applying for universities for programs like accounting I took...

All Three Maths U (Data,calc and adv. functions)
International Business (M)
Accounting (M)
Business Leadership (M)
English (U)
Law (U)

Can I still get into a university like Queen's because their program said no more than 2 M cousres? So does that mean when I'm submitting my grades I include my 2 highest mark out of the 3 M courses I've chosen?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
Depends what you consider Early Acceptance. IMO, Early Acceptance is purely based off of your gr. 11 marks, and anything after first semester finals are considered regular acceptances. There are really three sets of marks they can look at for acceptances: early (purely gr. 11, of course it looks at gr. 12 courses if you fast tracked), after semester 1 (all your final semester 1 marks, and possible some gr. 11 marks), after semester 2 (semester 2 midterms and semester 1 finals).

Yes, you can take 3M courses but you are only allowed to have 2 of them in your top 6. So you would submit the 2 highest ones. The other courses would be filled by your pre-reqs (English, Advanced Functions and Calculus I think), and one U course.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Vincentwzu Vincentwzu

@CatWarrior1995 wrote
1.) So bascially early acceptance is based on your top 4 grade 12 marks ( 1st semester) and two grade 11 courses? Assuming you did better in grade 12 than 11.

Accounting (M)
Business Leadership (M)
English (U)
Law (U)

Can I still get into a university like Queen's because their program said no more than 2 M cousres? So does that mean when I'm submitting my grades I include my 2 highest mark out of the 3 M courses I've chosen?

1) It depends on the program/faculty you applied to. For example: for UW computer science early acceptances are given as early as December based solely on grade 11 marks, whereas UofT engineering gives out early acceptances in March after 1st semester marks are sent out and reviewing supplementary forms.
- Also it kinda of depends on when you applied and when your school sends out the marks.

2) I don't know the answer for this sorry
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatWarrior1995 CatWarrior1995

@Vincentwzu wrote

@CatWarrior1995 wrote

Accounting (M)
Business Leadership (M)
English (U)
Law (U)

1) It depends on the program/faculty you applied to. For example: for UW computer science early acceptances are given as early as December based solely on grade 11 marks, whereas UofT engineering gives out early acceptances in March after 1st semester marks are sent out and reviewing supplementary forms.
- Also it kinda of depends on when you applied and when your school sends out the marks.

2) I don't know the answer for this sorry

Do you know about business/accounting?

My grade 11 marks are quite low and I only got 3 80s+ :(
Thats why I was wondering if I can use the 2 highest grade 11 marks and my first semester grade 12 marks. For a total of 6 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0