yconic - Early Acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Acceptance

A photo of morganlucas14 morganlucas14
I'm confused as to how applying for early admission works. Do the schools need to see that you're done all your community service hours?
I'm mostly looking into Western, uOttawa, Laurier-Brantford, Brock and Windsor - is there anything specific to them about early acceptance?

My marks in grade 11 were:
TGJ 3M - 90
HSP 3M - 88
MCF 3M - 87
ENG 3U - 85
ASM 3O - 83
HRT 3M - 81
TFC 3E - 81
PAI 30 - 81

How is my outcome of getting accepted early with those marks?

Thanks!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Why does it matter when you're accepted as long as you are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
I wouldn't count on it, but once you get regular acceptance, it no longer matters. It's also a little disturbing that you have only 1 U-level course completed in grade 11. What classes do you have this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Early acceptance will depend on what program you apply to at those schools. UofO/Brock/Windsor may give you early acceptance with an 85 grade 11 ave and similar on your 1st term grade 12 marks.

Community hours are a condition to graduate Ontario grade 12. Uni won't look at that when they offer you early admission. You still have to graduation grade 12 for the offer to stand.

You don't have to do anything special to get early acceptance. Just apply thru OUAC as normal and you will get offers as early as Christmas if you meet their criteria.

But ya, what Supstar said, what courses could you possibly be taking in grade 12 U ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of morganlucas14 morganlucas14
Well I'm looking into Journalism at all of those schools and I've known that for a while so I knew I didn't need any U courses in math or science. Only English.
This year, my first sem is:

ENG 4U
MDM 4U
ETS 4U
HRT 4M
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slasher61 Slasher61

@morganlucas14 wrote
I'm confused as to how applying for early admission works. Do the schools need to see that you're done all your community service hours?
I'm mostly looking into Western, uOttawa, Laurier-Brantford, Brock and Windsor - is there anything specific to them about early acceptance?

My marks in grade 11 were:
TGJ 3M - 90
HSP 3M - 88
MCF 3M - 87
ENG 3U - 85
ASM 3O - 83
HRT 3M - 81
TFC 3E - 81
PAI 30 - 81

How is my outcome of getting accepted early with those marks?

Thanks!

Not great. If you apply to lakehead then maybe you would get early acceptance. However, you have to take into account what your grade 12 course marks are as well. That will be the deal breaker. Ultimately though, I highly doubt you'll recieve an early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0