yconic - Early Admissions HELP?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Admissions HELP?

A photo of jabberparrot jabberparrot
Hello all! Does anybody know the best time to start applying to UBC and UVic in order to get early admission? I was thinking of applying mid-October, but I'm not quite sure if that's too early or even too late?

Thanks in advance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
I would also like to know this
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh, yeah? Are you looking to apply to UBC as well? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Yeah, hopefully for engineering. Their normal cut-off alone was an 89 last year, so I assume for early acceptance you'd need atleast 95+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, seeing as my average last year was a 95%, I'm going for early admissions. Oh, and I'm also going for Bachelor of Arts, not sciences, so the required average is a bit lower.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
What do you mean by early acceptance?It is when you apply by AS results?I am quite confused regarding this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
No way its a 95+ for engineering.

You will be solid with an 89/90, you'll probabaly get in the first day of offers (where the majority of offers are sent out). That was last year though I'm pretty sure the averages haven't fluctuated too much maybe an increase of 1% or 2%? There is no early admissions at UBC, if you don't get in the first day, you are placed on a waiting list.
Was this helpful? Yes 0