yconic - Early Childhood Education at Ryerson
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Early Childhood Education at Ryerson

A photo of xoxkarolina xoxkarolina
Hey, im currently still waiting on whether i got into the Ryerson for ECE. If you are currently in the program what was your average in grade 12 and in your classes (especially English)? Also, I would love to know what you think of the program. What are the pros and cons? If you got accepted already for the Fall 2011/2012 year, what was your average and your grade 12 english mark? thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
If you want to be an ECE, go to college. My mom runs a daycare - she says the university equivalent is a waste of time and money because it gets you the exact same place as people who went to college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jess93s2 jess93s2
I got accepted in January before any grade 12 marks went in and my grade 11 average was like 87ish.. the conditions of the offer were to have a 77% top 6 average and get 70% in English. I'm not going, though - it was just a back-up kind of thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of xoxkarolina xoxkarolina
I dont wanna run a dacare/work in one after school. I plan on gbecoming a teacher/social worker so i have to go to university. i thought this program would be good for what i wanna do because it seems like it will prepare me. and thanks. my average is efinatly not that high and i hope you dont needa 70 average in english to get in :/ i only have a 65
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jess93s2 jess93s2
hmm well on the Ryerson website it says that the "minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition", soo a 65 could still be okay. Just make sure you do well in your other courses! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RuddStump RuddStump
The Ryerson School of Early Childhood Education is the oldest school of its Canada with a period history and an excellent reputation nationally and internationally. Over many years, the School of Early Childhood Education has consistently demonstrated its relevance to the learning needs of the communities it serves and its creativity in meeting emerging professional interests.
Was this helpful? Yes 0