yconic - Easiest Grade 12 Mathematics Course?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Easiest Grade 12 Mathematics Course?

A photo of Nitrous Nitrous
I have had so many different opinions, I personally hate functions with a passion but I figure working harder will boost my grade quite substantially. People have told me Data Management is the easiest math, I have had people tell me Calculus and Vectors is the easiest math and I have had people tell me Advanced Functions is the easiest math. I am more of an algebraic person and no one who likes graphing? Any thought? :) :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Nitrous wrote
I have had so many different opinions, I personally hate functions with a passion but I figure working harder will boost my grade quite substantially. People have told me Data Management is the easiest math, I have had people tell me Calculus and Vectors is the easiest math and I have had people tell me Advanced Functions is the easiest math. I am more of an algebraic person and no one who likes graphing? Any thought? :) :cheers:

I took all 3 courses and I found data to be the easiest. However, a few people will say that calculus is the easiest. To be honest, it's very personal. I would recomen you to take all 3 if you're going into business. You will have to take some sort of form of those courses in the future and they can only prepare you better for your own future program. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101
If you go into a business program you will have to take calc and stats (i.e. C&V and Data).

So I definitely recommend taking all 3! I've heard data is extremely easy! I found C&V to be fairly easy, but I hated AF and I did quite poorly :(

In retrospect I wish I had taken data to help boost my avg and prep me for stats this year, which I did horribly in!

TAKE ALL 3! :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lookatme lookatme
I took all three too, but I took AP Calc (which was adv funcs + calc & v), so it was a lot harder than data management. But I learned a lot in data and that course has SO many real world applications. When I play card games with my friends, I can't help but think of the probabilities and permutations and stuff I learned from data. :) Incredibly useful, in my opinion. If you have the space, I would certainly take all three! You won't regret it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Depends on your school. If Data is taught "right", calculus should be the easiest course but most schools don't have good stats/probability teachers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

People at my school who have taken the courses tell me that Data is really quite easy and a "mark booster" so I recon it is the easiest! My only worry is calculus! People have told me that the Calculus component is quite easy but the Vectors is quite difficult!

Where I am getting at is what exactly does Calc& Vectors consists of in it's curriculum? Thanks again! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
In our school it depends on your teacher. For me personally gr 9-11 I had the hardest teachers in the department...I felt like I suck at math after completing those courses with high 60s and low 70s, but then when I completed data management and advanced functions it seemed so easy...I ended up with lows 80 in AF and high 80s in DM while other friends I know you had 90s before got 60s and 70s.

I haven't taken calc yet but from what i've heard it is easier than AF but there are some hard units in calc.

I'd say math is really fun when teachers challenge you on question you've never seen...if you like those type of questions DM and AF will be a breeze.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94

@Nitrous wrote

Hey buddy,

I'm going to grade 12 too and I'm not a huge fan of math so I decided to take a math in summer school so I wouldn't have all 3 during the school year. I took data during the summer, found the first two units extremely easy. Its really important to do well in the first two units because its just a review of grade 8/9 math, but don't let data fool you because it does start to beef up as you go along. Stay on top of your work and you'll do fine. I messed around a little in class and did minimal studying and ended up with an 87. Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@immaculatedx wrote
Depends on your school. If Data is taught "right", calculus should be the easiest course but most schools don't have good stats/probability teachers.

his sounds right from what I've heard as well.

I never took data, but I found calculus super easy. Calculus uses a lot of algebraic skills (which you say you're good at), and I don't recall doing A LOT of graphing. I highly recommend calculus because some schools have it as a prerequisite. Whether or not you want to take data too is up to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samwise575 samwise575
Its all personal preference. I found data to be a lot less like math and more like memorization. It was all about picking numbers out of a question and plugging it into some type of formula. I found advanced functions to be the easiest but since nobody else has said advanced functions here i'm sure it's not the common consensus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright everyone thanks for the support and opinions! I will be taking all three as I hear Calculus and Vectors isn't that hard and I personally don't mind Algebra ! I personally hate functions but I have to do it, but that's life! :(

But yeah thanks again to everyone who commented!

:cheers: :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Whichever you have first semester will be easier, because you'll be suffering from senioritis second semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0