yconic - Easy electives?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Easy electives?

A photo of ilonastr ilonastr
I don't know about Ivey/Queens/Rotman/Laurier/etc., but for Schulich we have to pick I think 2 electives to take each year, and because the program is already challenging, I heard to take burnt courses. So does any current York student, or anyone, know which courses are really really easy that you recommend?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of mercenary mercenary
I had the same question
I've heard geography is really easy

Also It says u need to take 30.00 credit hours a year, we can chose 6.00 credit hours for electives right?
Geography is a 6.00 credit/hour, so does tthat mean I can only take geography as my elective?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
I think it's better to not take easy courses, but rather courses you're genuinely interested in so you'll be motivated to do well in it. I'm not sure about what I'll pick if I get into Queen's, but for Schulich I'm probably going to choose intro to Calc and Mathematic for economists as they seem like interesting, objecting courses that with a bit of effort, I can get A/A+'s in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
my friend told me not to underestimate york's electives..she said she knew some people who did last year, slacked off, got owned and they ended up getting lower than schulich's marks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joe1 Joe1
Hey, I'm a grade 10 student and I have a questions about courses in university. What does it mean by "30.0" credit hours? I want to become a CA and noticed that you need "51.0" credit hours, but what does it all mean? Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Joe1 wrote
Hey, I'm a grade 10 student and I have a questions about courses in university. What does it mean by "30.0" credit hours? I want to become a CA and noticed that you need "51.0" credit hours, but what does it all mean? Thanks

If a class is 3.0 credit hours, that means that you would have the class for 3.0 hours per week during the semster. A 1.0 credit hour course would only be one hour a week.

So for a CA, the courses that you need to take would total 51 hours per week, but these are spread throughout your 4 years and each semester/term.

For a CA, there are a certain variety of courses that are required to get your CA (you can find at http://www.guidetorulingtheworld.ca ) and these courses have a total of 51 credit-hours. If you go to a fully-accredited program, you need not worry as you will be able to get these simply by passing the program (with a GPA of 7.0 / B-, another requirement). But if you go to aschool that isn't fully accredited, you will have to count your credit-hours to make sure you are taking the right courses and will have enough credit-hours.

Hope that helps :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilonastr ilonastr

@IanSharer wrote
I think it's better to not take easy courses, but rather courses you're genuinely interested in so you'll be motivated to do well in it. I'm not sure about what I'll pick if I get into Queen's, but for Schulich I'm probably going to choose intro to Calc and Mathematic for economists as they seem like interesting, objecting courses that with a bit of effort, I can get A/A+'s in.

That's a good point, I was thinking of taking intro to writing because my friend said its easy, and although I'm a pretty crappy writer, it is essential for any degree so i might as well improve my writing skills.

The thing with math, is that its amazing when you understand it in grade 12, but as soon as it gets challenging (which it will uni calc come'on), your mark just drops, and it takes effort too because math is all about practice.

About that though, I am currently taking AP Calculus at school so we do some university stuff and have an advanced textbook, so Calc might not be a bad idea for me since I'll have some knowledge of it already.

You can tell I'm really torn bcs all three paragraphs are completely contradicting each other lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
can we take language electives?
like russian or something...
Was this helpful? Yes 0