Easy UOttawa Electives for Social Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Easy UOttawa Electives for Social Sciences

A photo of Njdeh Njdeh
Can any current UOttawa Social Science student give insight into which courses would be the easiest electives to take for a first year Political Science student? I'm looking for ones that really help with the GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of InkSpot InkSpot
I don't attend UOttawa, but I have many friends who do. That being said, the 'easier' courses tend to be: Psych (intro to), Sociology (intro to) and the art history courses - though to most, they are mind-numbingly boring.

As a side note, I would avoid literature courses unless you truly enjoy them; they tend to be heavier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
DO NOT TAKE Intro to Sociology. I just finished it at UO and it is MORE than mind-numbing. I would recommend: criminology (these are really good courses and most people enjoy them) and Intro to Social Sciences (pretty easy, they walk you through all assignments bit by bit). I would also like to suggest Politics and Globalisation: this is a tougher course because there is A LOT of reading but I learned a great deal from it and the set up was nice.

Have fun choosing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AbbyMermie AbbyMermie
Any 1000 level course should be quite easy. Just remember you can't take more than 42 credits at the 1000 level.
@Njdeh wrote
Can any current UOttawa Social Science student give insight into which courses would be the easiest electives to take for a first year Political Science student? I'm looking for ones that really help with the GPA.

Was this helpful? Yes 0