yconic - ECE Top Applicants' Dinner
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ECE Top Applicants' Dinner

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've received this in the mail a couple weeks ago and was wondering if anyone is attending? Also, a little information on the event would be nice if possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Solontus Solontus
I was at the dinner last year. Basically you get your acceptance and an entrance scholarship at the dinner. You also get to talk with some current ECE students and the professors during the dinner. The food is really good too, and they gave away potted plants at the end of the dinner. Remember to dress formally too, almost everyone was dressed formally last time and I felt rather awkward in my casual clothes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Oh okay, cool! Thank you Solontus. Would you mind telling me which school you are enrolled in now? I'm trying to decide between Waterloo, Queen's and Toronto, so I want some details on course load difficulties and the atmosphere at these institutes. I'm going to the March Break Open Houses in a week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Solontus Solontus
I am currently enrolled at University of Waterloo. The course load here for ECE is pretty heavy, and you've got to manage your time properly to do well. The atmosphere is pretty nice, there are a bunch of student design teams you can join and lots of friends to make.
Was this helpful? Yes 0