yconic - Economy double rooms?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Economy double rooms?

A photo of finnska finnska
Hey so I have a small problem that I need people's advice on

So I signed up to be put in the economy double rooms at Queen's and I got the room but I have until tmr to decide whether or not I still want the room. As much as I love the idea of the half priced room. The only thing holding me back is the location of it.

Most of the economy double rooms are located in Vic hall which is known as the party rez. As much as I enjoy getting my party on I'm also there to study at Queen's. In other words, I'm worried about having to study through the noise of parties, fire alarms etc. The rez apparently is pretty beat up due to all the party debauchery.

So my question is should I stick with these rooms or should I return to the regular lottery and hope that I get something better?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101

@finnska wrote
Hey so I have a small problem that I need people's advice on

So I signed up to be put in the economy double rooms at Queen's and I got the room but I have until tmr to decide whether or not I still want the room. As much as I love the idea of the half priced room. The only thing holding me back is the location of it.

Most of the economy double rooms are located in Vic hall which is known as the party rez. As much as I enjoy getting my party on I'm also there to study at Queen's. In other words, I'm worried about having to study through the noise of parties, fire alarms etc. The rez apparently is pretty beat up due to all the party debauchery.

So my question is should I stick with these rooms or should I return to the regular lottery and hope that I get something better?

Every res has parties and fire alarms...if I'm not mistaken, I Think Gordon-Brockington had more fire alarms than Vic this year!

Noise, partying and distractions are part of res life, and you'll learn to deal. My suggestions: ear plugs, music, and the libary.

The noise isn't bad at all on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Sun. It's just Thursday, Friday, Saturday that are really loud, and you can always hit up the library if you can't deal.

Vic is a little beat up, but most residences get messed up on occasion. My advice is to take the economy double. It's small as hell, but it will save you some $$$$!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
With a room so small, you're not going to be studying in your room anyways. The library and like CoGro are so close, you'll be there instead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0