yconic - ECs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ECs

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
many universities ask for EC involvement in school and outside of school. Im part of student council, annoucement team and deca. How am i suppose to show my leadership skills if im limited to 3 clubs. im in ontario right now and if you know any clubs that i can join outside of school please let me know. Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
You're part of the student council and DECA, how is that NOT showing leadership? O_O
Outside of school ECs are generally part time jobs and volunteer work. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101
Maybe a summer job and volunteering in the community? If you can try and incorporate a sport/athletic thing or an arts thing it will help you seem more well-rounded :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince
JA - Junior Achievement. Ask if they are willing to take new members.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@bcd92 wrote
many universities ask for EC involvement in school and outside of school. Im part of student council, annoucement team and deca. How am i suppose to show my leadership skills if im limited to 3 clubs. im in ontario right now and if you know any clubs that i can join outside of school please let me know. Thanks.

Hey, don't forget that it's quality over quantity. That's why schools like Ivey are limiting you to three activities on your supplementary. You need to be deeply involved in a few EC's (or at least enough to demonstrate leadership), but not necessarily involved in lots of EC's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0