yconic - Electrical engineering and the future
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Electrical engineering and the future

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi,

I'm currently enrolled in UOIT's Electrical Engineering program (BSc)

UOIT, being a small university, does not offer specialized courses early on, and I feel I am at a pretty big disadvantage here. I love the school, and really don't care for older campuses at the giants like UofT.

But that's not important.

I plan on steamrolling through my education, only working in the summer, going until at least masters before looking for a job.

My current GPA is 3.88, if I can raise this slightly will I be able to get into a graduate program at UofT or Waterloo? And also how will having a bachelors form UOIT affect me, if I don't work(apart from CO-OP) until after masters? Should I try to transfer out at 2nd or 3rd year?

Please don't hate on UOIT, it's great, but perhaps not great enough. My passion is technology and electronics, I need to pursue it to the max, and I don't want UOIT or any one else holding me back.

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
any luck finding jobs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlbertoWeiler AlbertoWeiler
In Electrical Engineering, you learn about electric circuits, how to design and build them and how to test and analyze what you've built. You learn about all kinds of electronic devices from power supplies to control systems. You learn about all kinds of components from transistors and capacitors to introduce and superconductors. For more information you may get reference from here http://www.thedegreeexperts.com/dg-engineering-101.aspx
Was this helpful? Yes 0