yconic - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CONDITIONS !
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING CONDITIONS !

A photo of freedomdude0 freedomdude0
Today is march 14th, 2011 and I've been accepted to Waterloo electrical engineering but have not received the acceptance letter in the mail yet stating the conditions. Does anybody know what average needs to be maintained?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of YipAlpha YipAlpha
Hey, I also got accepted into Waterloo electrical engineering at the same time as you! (and waiting for the conditions in the mail)

Check out this website
[url]http://www.findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/thenextstep/admitted/conditions.php#eng[/url]

Apparently we'll need to maintain a 77% average, which seems sort of low...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Mac asks you to maintain at least an 80% average. Not sure about UoT though, they haven't told me anything.

On another note: Could you tell me your average? I've got into UoT EE but I haven't heard a peep from UW, which is odd.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My average was exactly 90 I think. They are still waiting for my calculus and chemistry marks though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@YipAlpha wrote
My average was exactly 90 I think. They are still waiting for my calculus and chemistry marks though.

Strange, I have almost the same average as you, and I'm only waiting on Calculus. Might have to shoot them an E-mail.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

It may have had something to do with my AIF. It was pretty decent I think...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tuzzer tuzzer
In my year, after you are admitted to UW Engineering, all you need is to keep a 70% average. I assume it's for the 6 courses that you submitted. But I didn't really worry after I knew that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@freedomdude0 wrote
Today is march 14th, 2011 and I've been accepted to Waterloo electrical engineering but have not received the acceptance letter in the mail yet stating the conditions. Does anybody know what average needs to be maintained?

Do you really need to ask this question? Whether the average needed is 50% or 80%, you should still be working hard and aiming to maintain the same average that got you accepted into the university in the first place. It'll pay off by preparing you a bit better for your first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0