yconic - Emergency- transferring, PLEASE HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Emergency- transferring, PLEASE HELP

A photo of frankc201106 frankc201106
Hi folks,
I am a university student and just finished my first year. I am planning to transfer to a better university. My cgpa is now 3.5 and the university I wanna transfer to stated on their website: minimum cgpa:3.3 ; successful applicants in the past had: 3.7.
I aced all of my courses except of 1 due to I was suspected for plagriszim (not found guity yet). Now, I have 2 routes and need you guys leave some thoughts and comments.

1. I can temporarily "hide" my mark with a notation from my transcript. The university that i wanna transfer to would be able to tell what this notation means(grade not avaliable due to unresolved academic misconduct)

Pros: my gpa will boost up to 3.95
Cons: they might throw my application to garbage can when they see that I am being suspected for academic offense

2. Stay with what I have, 3.5, but I will not be as competitive as other applicants. They might not gonna throw my application right away

Does anyone know how universities look at students with unresolved dishonest cases?

Any comment will be appreciated
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of garethdomingo garethdomingo
Innocent until proven guilty - I'd go for the notation. Hopefully it won't affect your chances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AppliedRules AppliedRules
transfer to a good College such as Senaca. Don't waste your time uni. More expensive = less money :(. You will get same quaity egecation in college then in the university. Uni is overated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of garethdomingo garethdomingo

@AppliedRules wrote
transfer to a good College such as Senaca. Don't waste your time uni. More expensive = less money :(. You will get same quaity egecation in college then in the university. Uni is overated.

In general:

Diploma = less money.

Degree = more money.

Not to mention the wealth of networking and access to quality professors in university...

I'm not bashing college, but after reading your reply I literally facepalmed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of frankc201106 frankc201106
upppppppppppp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shandal shandal

@AppliedRules wrote

I agree with Applied Rules, I should have applied to Seneca.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
dafuq, you asking these highschooler kids for? they havent even started university yet and let alone finished high school. ask your counselors, friends, peers and such. this is a serious matter, and if u dont approach the application process as requested, it can skew your chances of getting admitted. good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0