yconic - ENG 4U1 in Summer School
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ENG 4U1 in Summer School

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
I'm going to be in grade 12 next year and im planning on taking grade 12 English because I heard its easier and the English teachers at my school mark like Nazis. Anyways, after high school I plan on going somewhere like Queens Commerce, Ivey, Schulich, Rotman, etc. Just wondering if I took English in summer school, would it hurt my chances on gaining acceptance? Thank you.

BTW I contacted those universities mentioned above by email and only Rotman replied to me, but their answer was very vague.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of jzliu jzliu

@BudsFan94 wrote
I'm going to be in grade 12 next year and im planning on taking grade 12 English because I heard its easier and the English teachers at my school mark like Nazis. Anyways, after high school I plan on going somewhere like Queens Commerce, Ivey, Schulich, Rotman, etc. Just wondering if I took English in summer school, would it hurt my chances on gaining acceptance? Thank you.

BTW I contacted those universities mentioned above by email and only Rotman replied to me, but their answer was very vague.

mark may be adjusted as said on most websites... unless you have a legit reason...
you think your school is bad... my school average for english and math is like a 58...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
not a good idea.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mercenary mercenary

@BudsFan94 wrote

They don't care
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC

@mercenary wrote

@BudsFan94 wrote

They don't care

+1, UW is the only University that actually cares.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RichardFuld RichardFuld
None of those schools care. There are kids at Schulich with 3+ courses from private/summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop
There MIGHT be some penalties with summer/night/virtual courses.

But as another user said, people are getting accepted with all of their marks in 5% intervals (Hmmmmm...) so honestly I wouldn't be too worried.

And with ENG4U out of the way, there's more time to work on your other course work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
Just a heads up though, Rotman only accepts first attempts. So if you private school after realizing that your day school mark is too low, UT won't accept your second mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
As long as it isn't repeated, I don't think anyone cares if you took accelerated courses in summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
just another quick question, would you recommend that I take english during the summer? im planning to get into business or poli-sci so if I take english in summer school I'll replace the vacant course slot with Canadian and World Issues.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BAcc2015 BAcc2015

@BudsFan94 wrote
just another quick question, would you recommend that I take english during the summer? im planning to get into business or poli-sci so if I take english in summer school I'll replace the vacant course slot with Canadian and World Issues.

Can you take it in night school? I took ENG4u in night school with the TDSB and I did great because a lot of my class was ESL students. World Issues is a good class btw, lots of colouring maps though :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Don't do it. I do not recommend summer school for an important subject that actually counts for every program. Why don't you do something like data in summer school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted