yconic - ENG4U - Virtual / Summer School?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ENG4U - Virtual / Summer School?

A photo of Blitz18 Blitz18
Has anyone taken ENG4U in virtual or summer school? YRDSB spceifically?
What was your Final mark? Class Average?
Did you find it easier getting a higher mark outside of day school?
Finally, in general how was the experience?:cheers:
Thanks ! :colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of taiwen taiwen
Im in it right now. i have a 93. with my schedule, its hard to maintain foxcus and i took it last year in day school too. but overall, it is a great program and the teacher is awesome!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blitz18 Blitz18

@taiwen wrote
Im in it right now. i have a 93. with my schedule, its hard to maintain foxcus and i took it last year in day school too. but overall, it is a great program and the teacher is awesome!

Thats amazing ! :cheers:
Are you doing it through YRDSB?
And how difficult do you think it is compared to day school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of whimzy whimzy
Just like day school, it depends on your teacher. You might luck out and get a teacher who's very lenient and relaxed or you might get a teacher who's pretty hardcore and is all serious business.

I didn't really learn anything new when I took ENG4U, it was pretty much a repeat of my 12 U Literature Studies class but it did move at a much faster pace which I liked a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I took English 12 over the summer online and finished with a 95.
I am from BC though, but I don't think that makes a difference.
It really depends on your teacher though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Galactical Galactical
it all depends on ur teachers, i took it in summer school, had an asinine teacher and ended up with an 87 :(..no1 in our class got over 90%. much dumber kids got easier teachers and got 90++%s in the same summer school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93
My mark - 78
Class average - 80

Fair teacher for marking and whatnot. She wasn't biased so that was good but I would have preferred being in the class with a class average of 90.
Was this helpful? Yes 0