yconic - ENG4U Discussions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ENG4U Discussions

A photo of brady23 brady23
How is this course going for the gr12s?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Frasenik Frasenik
This course is going great for me, I have an awesome teacher. We started reading King Lear this week, I am mostly stressed out applying for post secondary soon :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gassergasser gassergasser
My class is studying 1984 right now.... I have to admit Orwell was a genius, I just finished the book and it has caused me to think about our world and how it resembles some of the elements from the book.

I'm not excited about reading Hamlet though, it sounds boring compared to King Lear or Macbeth :bounce:

I have the same teacher I had in grade 11, so I already know her quiz, test, and essay marking styles, I should be able to pull off at least a 75.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23
We just had to do 4 writing assignments - movie analysis, metaphor writing, cartoon analysis, and a personal essay. Haven't even started Hamlet yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
Already finished this course in summer school prior to grade 12 and ended up with an 84 which is significantly higher than my previous english marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Not bad... pretty much a continuation of grade 11 since I've had the same teacher and same classmates since grade 9.

We've finished reading Crime and Punishment and The House of Bernarda Alba and we're going to start the poetry of Sylvia Plath on Monday.

HoBA was a decent play, really short which was nice. Crime and Punishment was a great book... not exactly a light read though.

We've written a commentary on Crime and Punishment and done a seminar presentation on HoBA.

Was this helpful? Yes 0