yconic - ENG4U ONLINE feedback
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ENG4U ONLINE feedback

A photo of d0nut d0nut
So, I am currently taking ENG4U online. IT is proving to be brutal as I just received feedback from an assignment and I ended up getting 70%! HORRIBLE! I am a 94% average student and I just cannot believe I have received a 70...(but then again, english was never my strongest subject...in ENG3U I received a 90 but it was a lot of hard work)
I am applying for universities this year and my desired universities are:
-McMaster
-UofT
-Waterloo
(program of choice: Life Sci or Health Sci)

I am aiming for at least an 85% but I don't know if that's even possible with my extremely hard-marking teacher!!

So my questions are:
1. How can I succeed in an online course? And how can I "suck up" to the teacher online (hey, it helps sometimes!)?
2. If I do end up getting a low mark in ENG, (let's assume a 75-80) how will unversities view that?
3. Lastly, how do the universities above calculate admission averages? Do they take into account midterm marks?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of VanGelder VanGelder
If you are really having problems, remember that you have english teachers at your school that I'm sure would be more than willing to help you out. If that proves impossible remember that universities only take your top 6 U/M classes, so if you've taken more than 6 U/M classes than they won't even care about your ENG 4U mark (as long as you don't fail it of course). If you've got a 94% average, I'm sure you can do great in your class. Good Luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@VanGelder wrote
If you are really having problems, remember that you have english teachers at your school that I'm sure would be more than willing to help you out. If that proves impossible remember that universities only take your top 6 U/M classes, so if you've taken more than 6 U/M classes than they won't even care about your ENG 4U mark (as long as you don't fail it of course). If you've got a 94% average, I'm sure you can do great in your class. Good Luck

Most universities do take ENG4U into your average calculation since its a prerequisite.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of viviantoth viviantoth
I have taken the ENG4U course online and found it very easy! But then again, I took the course in the summer and not during school therefore I had a lot more time to focus on it and end with a good grade. Try emailing your teacher and asking them how you can improve in their class. Teachers are there to help! Especially since it is a grade 12 course and teachers know how important grades are at this time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0