yconic - Engineering - University of Toronto/Waterloo and ECs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Engineering - University of Toronto/Waterloo and ECs

A photo of KidA KidA
I currently have a 92/93% average and I applied to Mechanical engineering at UW, UFT, Mac, and Guelph, however, I have very little ECs. Do UW and UFT actually care about ECs or do they only use it if your average is on the lower end? (University of Guelph also has a SPF, however they state that it is optional and only look at it if you are below and within 5% of the cutoff and Mac does not need nor cares about ECs)

Anyone have any idea on how UW and UFT handle ECs?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
I am in the same situation as you. I have some ECs but hardly any in the area of engineering.So I have basically nothing to say about my exposure to engineering for the waterloo AIF Form. I'm really worried now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cheers123 cheers123
I am in the same situation as you. I have some ECs but hardly any in the area of engineering.So I have basically nothing to say about my exposure to engineering for the waterloo AIF Form. I'm really worried now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@cheers123 wrote

Don't worry, the universities don't expect you to have any engineering experience coming in, so they won't be basing your admission decision on it. I know tons of people who came in not knowing anything about engineering, and they're doing fine! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0