yconic - Engineering at UofGuelph question
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Engineering at UofGuelph question

A photo of ajune ajune
I know that Guelph will soon start sending out their second round of admission offers, but I had a quick question:
The admission range for engineering is 76% to 80%, and they said in april people at the top of that range will be considered.

My average is looking to be 79% or 80%. Do I have a chance? The problem is my calculas mark is 67....

Do I have a chance? Do I have to have a minimum calculas mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Abi21 Abi21

@ajune wrote
I know that Guelph will soon start sending out their second round of admission offers, but I had a quick question:
The admission range for engineering is 76% to 80%, and they said in april people at the top of that range will be considered.

My average is looking to be 79% or 80%. Do I have a chance? The problem is my calculas mark is 67....

Do I have a chance? Do I have to have a minimum calculas mark?

They might give you a conditional offer. However, as with most engineering programs I believe they want you to get at least a 70 in all pre reqs. So they might put that as one of the conditions. What I would recommend would be filling out the SPF so that just in case you don't get in this round, you'll get in next round if you have decent extra curriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ajune ajune
Yea, I already submitted the SPF. And I contacted Guelph, and they said that their is not minimum mark required.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of engDreamer26 engDreamer26
I am still waiting for a reply from guelph's mechanical engineering program as well, my average will also be 79-80 and my marks are calc: 82 eng:73 functions:78 chem:84:phys:83 Philosophy:76 i am going to fill out the spf i just need one more reference, good luck to you... it's comforting knowing others are stressing as much as i am, Good Luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheKey TheKey
Do you guys know if there's more parts to the SPF after you click the "continue" button? What kind of questions do they ask ask if there are more parts? Or does it send the application after you click it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of eng4life eng4life
Still waiting with you guys :/ I hope I make it to be honest higshchool its a joke. From experience from waterloo get ready to get your ass kicked. I am not sure if guelph is easier or harder.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seasharp seasharp

@TheKey wrote
Do you guys know if there's more parts to the SPF after you click the "continue" button? What kind of questions do they ask ask if there are more parts? Or does it send the application after you click it?

Just the one page, if I recall.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheKey TheKey

@eng4life wrote
Still waiting with you guys :/ I hope I make it to be honest higshchool its a joke. From experience from waterloo get ready to get your ass kicked. I am not sure if guelph is easier or harder.

Not sure what highschool you go to because if you're comparing university to a whole different level than highschool, then that might say something about your highschool.

But I'm sure my highschool experience will be the same as the experience in university, in terms of work. I have a few friends who have also said that highschool is not much different from university, other than the few extra courses per semester.
Was this helpful? Yes 0