yconic - Engineering science acceptance
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Engineering science acceptance

A photo of amc12 amc12
I was wondering if someone could tell me my chances of getting into engineering science.
I have a:
advanced functions=91
data management =94
chem=90
physics=85
english=81
calculus=77
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of iRamie iRamie
To be honest with you...
the 85 in physics lowered your chances a bit (even though it is a decent mark for physics)
the 81 in english just hurt your chances a bit more...
and the 77 in calculus just nuked your application.

To be honest, they won't pay attention to Data Management that much (even though its your highest mark), and the advance functions won't have as much of an impact as calculus does. I guess chemistry is pretty decent as well.

Id have to say, unless you work your ass off and bring that calc mark up to a high 80, you have like a very very slim chance of getting in.

Its the most competitive and prestigious engineering program in the country bro.

Im sorry :(

P.S.
I hope you put in other alternates on OUAC because those marks can get you in a lot of univerisites. It's not the end of the world if you didn't get into engsci.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3s8hWgOeAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3s8hWgOeAs

Watch those two vids :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SevenFlow SevenFlow

@iRamie wrote
To be honest with you...
the 85 in physics lowered your chances a bit (even though it is a decent mark for physics)
the 81 in english just hurt your chances a bit more...
and the 77 in calculus just nuked your application.

To be honest, they won't pay attention to Data Management that much (even though its your highest mark), and the advance functions won't have as much of an impact as calculus does. I guess chemistry is pretty decent as well.

Not only that but if you aren't good at calculus you might wanna reconsider a career in engineering since the calculus in uni is brutallllll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WaterfallOfDestiny WaterfallOfDestiny
It looks like your average is about 86%. The cutoff for EngSci was around 89% in my year - and since then, admissions have been much tougher with more intense competition.

Where else did you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amc12 amc12
What kind of marks do u think i would need to get in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY MYDARKHEALTHSCIFANTASY

@amc12 wrote
What kind of marks do u think i would need to get in?

I'm not going to lie to you, based on your calculus mark alone your chances of succeeding in Engsci are very very slim
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@WaterfallOfDestiny wrote
It looks like your average is about 86%. The cutoff for EngSci was around 89% in my year - and since then, admissions have been much tougher with more intense competition.

Where else did you apply?

What exactly is difference between engineering science and just common engineering programs like chemical engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amc12 amc12
So I have no hope of getting in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@amc12 wrote
So I have no hope of getting in?

what!!!!! 86% is higher than my average
i have like 84, and i applied to chem eng
i don't know about eng sci, but for chem eng isn't it good enough?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@maelong wrote
what!!!!! 86% is higher than my average
i have like 84, and i applied to chem eng
i don't know about eng sci, but for chem eng isn't it good enough?

The cut-off for Chemical Engineering is "low to mid 80's" so you should be ok, also depending on your SPF.

To OP, the cut off for EngSci is "high 80's to low 90's". Chances are pretty low, but if your SPF is absolutely spectacular, then maybe? Your Calculus mark is bringing you down though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0