yconic - Engineering UBC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Engineering UBC

A photo of Rajat Rajat
Anybody got in ??
It is just taking a lot of time. My status still reads "Reviewing for Supplemental"
Any student who got in after the Mid-May marks round
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of Computer Computer
ive been in the same boat as you for 2 months :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IronMan IronMan
I got in UBC Engineering on April 8th as did all the newly addmits so probably the last round in this week or the coming week !! stress down ! but honestly my application went from not yet reviewed to under review right after completing my application and after only 3 days I got my offer of admissioon! lol . by the way, I am an international student but even canadian students got in same day as me so they tend to have one official acceptance day !! watch out your ssc !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@Computer wrote

Just got an update from ssc, my application now reads

"Your supplemental application is currently under review by the Faculty/School. We will notify you by email as soon as the faculty has made their decision."

You know how much time takes??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@IronMan wrote
I got in UBC Engineering on April 8th as did all the newly addmits so probably the last round in this week or the coming week !! stress down ! but honestly my application went from not yet reviewed to under review right after completing my application and after only 3 days I got my offer of admissioon! lol . by the way, I am an international student but even canadian students got in same day as me so they tend to have one official acceptance day !! watch out your ssc !!

Thats great man congrats!! What was your average anyways?? Did u submit your supplemental as well ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

"Your supplemental application is currently under review by the Faculty/School. We will notify you by email as soon as the faculty has made their decision."

been about 1 month since ive had that status, the previous month it said that they would sent me a letter instead of email
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

Thats great man congrats!! What was your average anyways?? Did u submit your supplemental as well ?

I did submit my supplemental actually but honestly I did some mistakes on it concerning dates etc.. but I think what got me in is my 99% average! Note that I am an international student and my country follows the french patterned system but according to grade conversion policy of UBC my average is 99% LOl I even got a scolarship from them lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@Computer wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

been about 1 month since ive had that status, the previous month it said that they would sent me a letter instead of email

Really one month that is a lot of time. Anyways thanks for the update and do keep me informed :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@IronMan wrote

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

I did submit my supplemental actually but honestly I did some mistakes on it concerning dates etc.. but I think what got me in is my 99% average! Note that I am an international student and my country follows the french patterned system but according to grade conversion policy of UBC my average is 99% LOl I even got a scolarship from them lol

Wow lucky guy :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

Actually, I am not lucky as you say I am still waiting for my first choice in Engineering!! My application status for this univ is still decisioon pending for a week now and they ve already started accepting students ( second wave ) I e-mailed them and they said my application has now been reviewed and that my decision should be reflected in the coming week !! I am too worried lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@IronMan wrote

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

@Rajat wrote

@IronMan wrote

Actually, I am not lucky as you say I am still waiting for my first choice in Engineering!! My application status for this univ is still decisioon pending for a week now and they ve already started accepting students ( second wave ) I e-mailed them and they said my application has now been reviewed and that my decision should be reflected in the coming week !! I am too worried lol

Hmmm hopefully we'll all get Edit: Positive answers in the coming week, lets do this!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No, Hopefull we get all POSITIVE answers and [color=darkblue]GET IN [/color]!! Not any answer though LOL!!

GOOD LUCK To EVERYONE :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dmonking dmonking
Hey guys, I got accepted about two weeks ago. Before that, my status read something like "You have not fulfilled the admission requirements..." My counselor phoned them and they said there was some sort of glitch that sent that message out to all applicants from the mid-island area. So don't fret, you guys. I got in without a supplemental, so I'm sure all of you guys will get in easy peasy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dmonking wrote
Hey guys, I got accepted about two weeks ago. Before that, my status read something like "You have no fulfilled that admission requirements." My counselor phoned them and they said there was some sort of glitch that sent that message out to all applicants from the mid-island area. So don't fret, you guys. I got in without a supplemental, so I'm sure all of you guys will get in easy peasy.

It would be to my pleasure to get in like that :P

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote
Hey guys, I got accepted about two weeks ago. Before that, my status read something like "You have no fulfilled that admission requirements." My counselor phoned them and they said there was some sort of glitch that sent that message out to all applicants from the mid-island area. So don't fret, you guys. I got in without a supplemental, so I'm sure all of you guys will get in easy peasy.

I didn't get in buddy :( pretty heart broke. I live soo close to the university yet so far..

"Your application has been reviewed by the Undergraduate Admissions Office and the Faculty to which you have applied. We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to this program.

Admission to this program is competitive due to the high quantity and quality of applications that are received each year. Your academic record, along with your the details of your supplemental application, were reviewed during the selection process. Unfortunately, your overall qualifications were not competitive with the successful applicants to the program this year."
I guess now I am off to UVic Electrical and Computer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

I didn't get in buddy :( pretty heart broke. I live soo close to the university yet so far..

"Your application has been reviewed by the Undergraduate Admissions Office and the Faculty to which you have applied. We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to this program.

Admission to this program is competitive due to the high quantity and quality of applications that are received each year. Your academic record, along with your the details of your supplemental application, were reviewed during the selection process. Unfortunately, your overall qualifications were not competitive with the successful applicants to the program this year."

So its knida weird but I got accepted into UBC Okanagan. I had originally applied two choices UBC vancouver applied sciences and UBC vancouver sauder. I was rejected from both because of my low average (see above post) i got 83-84% but today I was just checking SSC and then under the alerts section it read "Congrats on your admission" I was kinda puzzled because they rejected me at first and therefore I thought it might be an error but to my surprise they (UBC) had automatically created a third choice for me which read UBC Oakanagan APPLIED sciences. :) :) I am soo happy now. Any of you guys amazed on this ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Rajat wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

So its knida weird but I got accepted into UBC Okanagan. I had originally applied two choices UBC vancouver applied sciences and UBC vancouver sauder. I was rejected from both because of my low average (see above post) i got 83-84% but today I was just checking SSC and then under the alerts section it read "Congrats on your admission" I was kinda puzzled because they rejected me at first and therefore I thought it might be an error but to my surprise they (UBC) had automatically created a third choice for me which read UBC Oakanagan APPLIED sciences. :) :) I am soo happy now. Any of you guys amazed on this ??

I know a couple guys who got the same thing, funny thing, commerce and engineering were the top two most competitive faculties this year, congrats btw
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mutuba mutuba

@Rajat wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

Not to be a downer or anything but even though UBC Okanagan is still technically called UBC, it's not respected at the same level as UBC Vancouver. It has much lower entrance averages as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@mutuba wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

Not to be a downer or anything but even though UBC Okanagan is still technically called UBC, it's not respected at the same level as UBC Vancouver. It has much lower entrance averages as well.

Well I dunno I think at least for engineering it has the same department, same dean. Also i love small class sizes plus in the degree it won't really say okanagan :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rajat Rajat

@Rajat wrote

@mutuba wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

Well I dunno I think at least for engineering it has the same department, same dean. Also i love small class sizes plus in the degree it won't really say okanagan :)

Talking about averages..hmm yeah i guess thats why my 84 % didn't do any good in the UBC Vancouver campus. Technically the sole purpose of decreasing the average is to attract more students. Maybe they have and equal engineering system (well yes because the same department hires the professor both at okanagan and vancouver) For now it hardly matters cause I am gonna transfer out to UBC V :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@Rajat wrote

@mutuba wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Rajat wrote

@Computer wrote

@dmonking wrote

Sorry to be the barrier of bad news again but unlike UofT, your degree from UBCO will specify the campus. Regardless, if you are happy with your decision then you wont regret it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0