yconic - engineering univeristies
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

engineering univeristies

A photo of BustaBanana BustaBanana
My marks range from high 70 to low 80 and i was wondering what are some good schools for engineering other than waterloo and uoft. As hard as i try im probably not going to get in but, if i do probably get killed by them and drop out first year. I live in toronto and im not thinking of moving out of the city, Ryerson fits my expectations,but people say if u go in to ryerson for engineering it means u wont find a job.
Im also thinking of doing mechanical or chemical engineering. What should i do?
1st Semester: Chemistry-74 should go up, Functions 70 thats going up messed up my first test and english 84.
2nd semester: Physics, calculus and economics
also taking arabic on saturdays- easy 90%
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Man this Ontario university elitism really pisses me off. Ryerson is a good school. I almost went there for grad school, but chose U of T for funding purposes and because my supervisor is an expert. But get this, one of his former students is now a prof at Ryerson. He got his degree at the 'elite' U of T. Obviously he's smart, and is now teaching engineers at Ryerson.

Go to whatever school you can get into, obviously. If it's Ryerson, so what. There's U of T grads who can't find a job either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I heard that ryerson is getting better because its still has professors that are passionate about teaching and apparently its there's a more hands on approach not like uoft's theoretical. Is this true?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I don't know I don't go there. You're going to get an engineering degree, same as any other. You're worrying about this too much
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imaginaryengineer imaginaryengineer

Im also thinking of doing mechanical or chemical engineering. What should i do?

A general first year is what you should do.

people say if u go in to ryerson for engineering it means u wont find a job

Are these people actual engineers? Last time i checked universities all give out the same iron ring.

i do probably get killed by them and drop out first year

Talk to any engineering student and they'll tell you there program is hard.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

People say the school u graduate from matters. The schools "prestige" matters.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ Maybe for your first job, but landing your first job depends more on any connections you have more than what school you graduated from. Who are these 'people'. People with jobs, or your friends?
Was this helpful? Yes 0