yconic - English Co-op??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

English Co-op??

A photo of tomatosoup tomatosoup
I've been looking into the programs at UTSC and I like the idea of co-op. However, what are my odds of actually getting a job while studying english? How much can I potentially make? Can someone please explain how this works... I don't quite understand the entire co-op thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The best thing someone told me was that in co-op you're not always doing something directly related to your major, or at least you don't have to.

You could work as a reading tutor for children or adults, teach ESL classes to newcomers. Depending on where you are in your degree you could even go overseas as an English teacher.

Or something that isn't related like working as an assistant in some big company, camp counselor or anything else you could think of.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kirenne Kirenne
Make sure you look into the co-op rules at your school. I know that in Arts & Bus at Waterloo, the first job can be unrelated to your program/major, but the subsequent jobs must be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0