yconic - English provincial exam BC 12
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

English provincial exam BC 12

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
For those who took it, did anyone notice the security feature didn't work, cuz most ppl at my school mad copy and pasted their essays llololol
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
Copy and pasted from what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
The re-write was on the 14th, right?

Your friends are idiots if they found an essay online and used it as their own. My English teacher last semester told me they used software similar to turnitin (google it) as an extra preventative measure just in case plagiarism occurs. lol good luck to your friends.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

nono, the first prov. for our school was 14th, the rewrite is in june..

they did it on their laptops/school computers where documents were stored....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Business1234 wrote

That's just the workaround. The 14th was technically a re-write. I did it for my first write as well.

They're complete idiots if they're stealing essays, especially for an online exam where it's easier to check. But then again, I could care less, first year university will weed them out easy enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
hey, once i;m banned from student awards, how can i come back? Can I just make another account, or do they blocl my Ip address?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What was the prompt this time?

I'm going to write it in May, and again in June (the normal session).

Oh yeah, is there multiple-choice error identification in sentences on the exam still?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Alizarin wrote

Oh yeah, is there multiple-choice error identification in sentences on the exam still?

Satisfaction comes from a variety of activities.
Here I was with an outline prepped for inspiration and it turns out the theme was actually variety...
My essay was solid nonetheless. I wrote about the importance of self-exploration to lead to happiness and the danger of conforming to societal expectations.

What do you mean by "multiple-choice error identification"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@andrewk512 wrote

@Alizarin wrote

Satisfaction comes from a variety of activities.
Here I was with an outline prepped for inspiration and it turns out the theme was actually variety...
My essay was solid nonetheless. I wrote about the importance of self-exploration to lead to happiness and the danger of conforming to societal expectations.

What do you mean by "multiple-choice error identification"?

Ah good stuff.
I just checked the current exams specs so sorry for confusing you ... I must have seen a really old past exam.

Did anyone find the e-exam advantageous?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

"I just checked the current exams specs so sorry for confusing you ... I must have seen a really old past exam."
Oh now I know what you mean.
Yeah that was cut out like 10 years ago.
This year it was an article, a poem synth with a story, and the free write.

I actually enjoyed the e-exam. I hated it when my teacher made us do a practice one, we were all cramped in the lab and the typing was really distracting. This time we were in the library and there was lots of space so there was little noise. I appreciate being able to add in tons of stuff and how dynamic it is as opposed to writing. It is more difficult to extract meaningful quotes and whatnot as opposed to a paper-based exam, but I didn't find it too offsetting. I also made sure to ask for some scrap paper to plot out my ideas before writing.

Oh and if you're lucky, you'll have a teacher like mine that didn't turn off spell-check. (Not that you'll need it, you got into UPenn =P)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@andrewk512 wrote

@Business1234 wrote

That's just the workaround. The 14th was technically a re-write. I did it for my first write as well.

They're complete idiots if they're stealing essays, especially for an online exam where it's easier to check. But then again, I could care less, first year university will weed them out easy enough.

how are they idiots, when the essays are their own, on their laptop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@andrewk512 wrote
"I just checked the current exams specs so sorry for confusing you ... I must have seen a really old past exam."
Oh now I know what you mean.
Yeah that was cut out like 10 years ago.
This year it was an article, a poem synth with a story, and the free write.

I actually enjoyed the e-exam. I hated it when my teacher made us do a practice one, we were all cramped in the lab and the typing was really distracting. This time we were in the library and there was lots of space so there was little noise. I appreciate being able to add in tons of stuff and how dynamic it is as opposed to writing. It is more difficult to extract meaningful quotes and whatnot as opposed to a paper-based exam, but I didn't find it too offsetting. I also made sure to ask for some scrap paper to plot out my ideas before writing.

Oh and if you're lucky, you'll have a teacher like mine that didn't turn off spell-check. (Not that you'll need it, you got into UPenn =P)

Oh you flatter me :P

Thanks for the all the info! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0