yconic - Enterance Average for Business
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Enterance Average for Business

A photo of alee101 alee101
Hi Everyone..
I have applied for UBC, McGill, Queen's, McMaster, and Laurier business
Do you guys know any enterance average for each school??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
This has been discussed at great length before. Please use the search function.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
I don't know why you would apply somewhere without at least knowing what type of average you'd need to be competitive, it's not hard to google this information before paying the application fee. I know a girl that applied to McGill Arts with a 71% average. She was shocked when I told her McGill Arts had a cut-off of 86.5% and that she wasted $85. I'm not saying that you're that far off, but I'm just baffled at how you could apply to a program without at least knowing the admission requirements...which I will bother to tell you now that I've whined a sufficient deal.

McGill 91% overall (this one I know for sure)
Queen's 87% overall
McMaster...no clue
Laurier probably going to be around 86%, if you're around there, do the ABS.

^This is pretty much from what I've read on the forum, as I'm not applying to Queen's or Mac, and Laurier was a third back-up. I hope you at least looked up the pre-reqs and took calculus (for Queen's and McGill). If you really want to see the breakdown of entering high school averages, use CUDO. <--you'll have to google that, btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
87% is the entrance requirement for queens, the actual entrances average is 91.2%

http://www.cou.on.ca/Statistics/CUDO.aspx

look up any Ontario uni and program you want there
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
@NerdMobileDriver, hopefully he's referring to the overall entering average of students in those programs. Otherwise, I agree...how do you apply to a program without even knowing the cut-off.

Here is the Queen's averages for students, QC man how do you explain the 1.3% for 80-84%? Wasn't the cut-off still 87 last year?

Queen's Business and Commerce

Percent who received an entering average of 95% and above
14.8%
Percent who received an entering average between 90% and 94%
56.4%
Percent who received an entering average between 85% and 89%
27.5%
Percent who received an entering average between 80% and 84%
1.3%
Percent who received an entering average between 75% and 79%
0.0%
Percent who received an entering average between 70% and 74%
0.0%
Percent who received an entering average below 70%
0.0%
Overall average
91.2%

Schulich

Percent who received an entering average of 95%+
13.9%
Percent who received an entering average between 90% and 94%
71.7%
Percent who received an entering average between 85% and 89%
14.4%
Percent who received an entering average between 80% and 84%
0.0%
Percent who received an entering average between 75% and 79%
0.0%
Percent who received an entering average between 70% and 74%
0.0%
Percent who received an entering average below 70%
0.0%
Overall average
91.7%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QCman QCman
these are final grade 12 averages meaning the averages of students at the end of the year. Once you have your acceptance to QC, you have to maintain an average of at least an 80 and meet the prerequisite requirements. People who choose to slack of after they get their acceptance can have an average decline as long as it stays in the bands. so by the looks of it 4 people in 2010 were in the 80-85 range.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vincerz vincerz
I actually commend Queens for basing their acceptance a lot more on ECs/supplementary material.

I have yet to meet anyone who got rejected from Schulich with a 90%+ average (yeah I know it's possible but it seems uncommon).

Marks.. actually let me rephrase: HIGH SCHOOL MARKS are horrible indicators on student performance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0