yconic - Entrance Scholarships - Schulich, UTSC, Rotman, Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Entrance Scholarships - Schulich, UTSC, Rotman, Waterloo

A photo of VivekanJey VivekanJey
Hey I was just wondering how the entrance scholarships for programs like Schulich Business at York, UTSC Co-op Mangement, Rotman Commerce, and Waterloo AFM-CA/MathCA are given out? I know you're automatically considered for them but, under what terms are they distributed? I understand that they're based on your high school averages?

Do they give based on the top 6 courses that the program considered for your acceptance (including prerequisites)?

Or just your top 6 in general without prerequisites?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
If I remember correctly, it's based on your top 6 average, and they calculate it the same way that they would calculate your top 6 for admission decisions (so it includes your prerequisites). The only difference is that they calculate it in the summer after all your high school final marks are out, so the calculations are based on your final rather than midterm marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@aeryn wrote
If I remember correctly, it's based on your top 6 average, and they calculate it the same way that they would calculate your top 6 for admission decisions (so it includes your prerequisites). The only difference is that they calculate it in the summer after all your high school final marks are out, so the calculations are based on your final rather than midterm marks.

Usually you get the scholarship based on your acceptance average, and then you can only have your scholarship raised if your final marks are higher (although you do have to maintain a certain average). Definitely that way at Waterloo, and it's the same at some other schools (not sure about the others you listed).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tantrum Tantrum
For york its determined on final grades
waterloo is midterms and they re-evaluate your scholarship if your average ONLY goes up at finals
Was this helpful? Yes 0