yconic - Environmental Geography
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Environmental Geography

A photo of Sasural Sasural
Hello, I'd like to know your thoughts on environmental geography. Is anyone here studying it? Is it really hard? Probably will be attending the University of Toronto to study it, is anyone doing it there?

Thanks in Advance
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of leahquin leahquin
I know a couple people in Waterloo's Geography and Environmental Management program. They get a bunch of options and electives and they don't find it to be a huge work load. The people I've talked to really enjoy it. I don't really know anything about Toronto though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sbruggem sbruggem
Hey,
I'm a current student in my 4th year at UoG in Earth Surface Sciences with a minor in GIS (geographic information systems). Which for reference is a B.Sc in mainly geology, soil science, and geography. I know quite a few people in Env. Geog who are quite satisfied with their major. If geography is one of your passions I definitely think you would enjoy it. I also suggest taking GIS courses if they are offered to you.
As for me personally, I love my major (which is currently being reworked into B.Sc.Env. "Env. Geology" and love the range of classes I can take.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nosirrah Nosirrah
I'm assuming that this program at Waterloo is a part of their Faculty of the Environment?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nosirrah wrote
I'm assuming that this program at Waterloo is a part of their Faculty of the Environment?

Yes it is. I've applied for Planning there, but I want the Geography minor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for all your answers.

@leahquin wrote
I know a couple people in Waterloo's Geography and Environmental Management program. They get a bunch of options and electives and they don't find it to be a huge work load. The people I've talked to really enjoy it. I don't really know anything about Toronto though...

These people that you know taking Geography and Environmental Management, are they doing really well?

This is not really important but do you know which residence you want to stay in already?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Sasural wrote

These people that you know taking Geography and Environmental Management, are they doing really well?
This is not really important but do you know which residence you want to stay in already?

From what I've heard, they're doing very well, one of my friends decided to take a Bio class and a Soils class this term for a challenge.
And I haven't totally decided where I would stay, but probably REV or St. Jerome's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leahquin wrote

@Sasural wrote

From what I've heard, they're doing very well, one of my friends decided to take a Bio class and a Soils class this term for a challenge.
And I haven't totally decided where I would stay, but probably REV or St. Jerome's

That's good to know because I applied to Waterloo for Geography and Environmental Management, and I really want to do well and I am going to law school eventually.

So about accommodation, you're not planning on staying at St Paul's? If I'm not mistaken that's the Living Learning Community for the Faculty of Environment...
Was this helpful? Yes 0