yconic - Environmental Studies McMaster
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Environmental Studies McMaster

A photo of myungkyukim myungkyukim
Hey! is anyone enrolled in McMaster Environmental studies?
Could you please tell me if you like it, or if you regret choosing McMaster over all other universities that you may of appied for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of prabeast prabeast
Hey, I have some friends in Environmental Studies, they seem to be enjoying it. The earth sci/environmental sci department here at McMaster seems to be more environmentally focussed. McMaster's a great school, and definitely apply, and check out the school and visit the open houses and ask questions if you get accepted, it might be the right fit for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Sounds interesting!
Anyone heard anything about Langara to UBC path along this field of study?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dearjasminee dearjasminee
my friend is studying enviro sci at mac and he says its pretty interesting :) the admission requirement says high 70s to low 80s but is it quite competitive? because most people i know applying to mac applied to life or health sci.. i hope i get it :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lightrose91 lightrose91
Hey,
this is my second year at mac. I am in Honours biology and environmental science. i really like the enviro sci courses. frist year can be a little repetitive and dry but i know that there are some really cool courses that are offered in upper years, like a third year aquatic water course where you can go to Lk. Ontario and Cootes Paradise and collect samples of water, which you analyze throughout the semester . most of my second year enviro sci courses are really interesting as well --> learning the basic fundamentals .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dearjasminee dearjasminee

@lightrose91 wrote
Hey,
this is my second year at mac. I am in Honours biology and environmental science. i really like the enviro sci courses. frist year can be a little repetitive and dry but i know that there are some really cool courses that are offered in upper years, like a third year aquatic water course where you can go to Lk. Ontario and Cootes Paradise and collect samples of water, which you analyze throughout the semester . most of my second year enviro sci courses are really interesting as well --> learning the basic fundamentals .

hey, i was just looking at the honours bio and environmental science program and i wanna know more about it haha..i dont really know what the difference is..is it sort of a mixture of life science and environmental science?
Was this helpful? Yes 0