yconic - Euclid Math Contest 2012
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Euclid Math Contest 2012

A photo of AspiringStudent2012 AspiringStudent2012
Hey guys, I just had a few questions about the contest this year. First off, if I didn't state on my AIF whether or not I would be writing it, will UW still know that I have written it? Also, how much preparation does the contest require, if any at all? Will it just focus on the content we have learned in the Advanced Functions course? Thanks for the help.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
There's no calculus on it, but a lot of it simply relies on you being smart and finding creative ways to solve problems. Only the last few questions should really be "out of reach", and even then most people can at least get part marks on them. The only reliable way you can study imo is to just re-do past contests from previous years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheCatherine TheCatherine
GOOD PREPERATION- know your formulas. especially for series and suites (im french, idk if i translated that right) that you learned in grade 11
ive done all the waterloo math contests since gr8 and i realized that those formulas help a lot. and ive done some past euclid contests too :P

ill be writing it as well in april. :D
oh, and if you get at least 80-85 or something, you can get admitted to math at waterloo because of your contest performance. otherwise, it can really help with scholarships!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AspiringStudent2012 AspiringStudent2012
Alright, thanks! Does anyone have an answer to the AIF question though, and whether UW will still know if you have written the contest despite not stating that you would be on the AIF?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango

@AspiringStudent2012 wrote
Alright, thanks! Does anyone have an answer to the AIF question though, and whether UW will still know if you have written the contest despite not stating that you would be on the AIF?

Well, one should always answer "yes" to that question, even if you don't end up writing it.

But it's fine, it won't affect your application. It will just make things easier for Waterloo if you have a top mark on the contest, and they obviously will want to offer you scholarships, which will tie in with your Waterloo application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0