yconic - Exams: How you can succeed!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Exams: How you can succeed!

A photo of Iamblessed Iamblessed
[color=blue]It's exam time once again, the time where we pull out all of our notes and study. For most of us this is the most stressful time of the year for us. For most of us we try to maintain our 80-95 aveage so that we can get into good university or college. This week I had my exams and I found out that if I didn't over study and took breaks in between ,I was going to do fine. I always set my goals high and work hard to achieve them. If you are the type of student that has been working hard all semester and put 100% into what you do then should not have to worry when it comes to exams. Here are some tips to help you:

1) Don't leave your studying to the last minute.

If you want to pull of an 80 you can not leave all your studying to the last minute. Your brain needs time to process al the information and if you don't start to days prior to your exam you are going to be overwhemed. So space out the amount of time that youstudy.[/size]

2) Ask your teacher questions!

If you are confused by something that you learned earlier in the semester ask your teacher for help! Teachers will not be upset if you need some extra one-one time with them. their goal for you is to pass your exam. Teachers do not like to see their students fail so if you need help do not hesitate to ask them for help. It will pay off in the end when you pass your exam with a high mark.

3) Complete any oustanding assignments.

Teachers may give you the oppertunity to complete any assignments that youdidn't do over the course of the semester. Doing these assignments can boost your mark up significantly. This is whst will seperate te person that gets an 80 vs the person thaat ends up with a 96. So if you have the oppertunity take advantage and do something about it.

4) Have a possitve attitude!

It is easy to doubt yourself when writing an exam. I have been there before and I know what it feels like.It does not help if you go into an exam and the first thing that comes to mind is "if going to fail. What is the point of trying?" I have heard this statment many times and this is not the attitude you should have. If you have wroked hard, you asked questions and you studied to your best ability then you should be pleased with youself. In the end the exam may be alot easier then you had originally expected. Go into to your exam with an open mind and don't ever think that you can't do it. Not doing something to your best abilty is just a reason for people not to try. When I write my exams I pray to God asking him for his guidance and his presence to surround me. I can do all things through him and accomplish the goals that he has set for me!

Let me know if this helped. If you have any questions I am more than willing to respond. Simone Robinson[/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/size][/color][/color]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of kathleenMARIE kathleenMARIE
You are my hero (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
You are 2 options to succeed

1. Study

2. Cheat

that is all
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of samuelrodgers samuelrodgers
What I've found works best is keeping your notes and binders organized through out the year. Don't let any tests get thrown out. Make copies of previous tests then white out the answers and try to rewrite them.

Rewriting all class notes help a lot as well. It's the furthering of your memorization of the subject that really counts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
DO NOT write exams while you are sick (or tests, presentations, etc. for that matter).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger

@g93 wrote
DO NOT write exams while you are sick (or tests, presentations, etc. for that matter).

Sick? Apparently we have to write our exams no matter what - unless we're so sick/hurt that we have to go to the ER or something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Stranger wrote

@g93 wrote

Sick? Apparently we have to write our exams no matter what - unless we're so sick/hurt that we have to go to the ER or something.

You are allowed to miss the exam provided you have a doctor's note saying that your ailment would seriously affect your writing of the exam. Which I was. My Mom said not to write them. I did. I barely made if home after my math exam and practically fainted and then slept for 6 hours straight or something. I was a mess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@samuelrodgers wrote
What I've found works best is keeping your notes and binders organized through out the year. Don't let any tests get thrown out. Make copies of previous tests then white out the answers and try to rewrite them.

Rewriting all class notes help a lot as well. It's the furthering of your memorization of the subject that really counts.

Haha oh man...

Who else starts off the semester thinking, "okay, this time I'm gonna stay organized, keep all my things together, have a neat binder, not lose anything," etc. And then, by the end of the semester, it looks like a photocopy machine exploded in your bag. Paper everywhere!!

Happens every semester...

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@steele wrote

@samuelrodgers wrote

Haha oh man...

Who else starts off the semester thinking, "okay, this time I'm gonna stay organized, keep all my things together, have a neat binder, not lose anything," etc. And then, by the end of the semester, it looks like a photocopy machine exploded in your bag. Paper everywhere!!

Happens every semester...

Yeah. I can keep everything else organized, but not school binders :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0