yconic - Expected bursaries and awards?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Expected bursaries and awards?

A photo of TradeMark TradeMark
Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything similar.
Anyway, I've noticed that on applications for OSAP and bursaries they like to ask about my expected income for my next year. Where I'm stuck is the question regarding how much money I expect to receive from bursaries and awards.
How can I know how much money I will actually receive? Do I just put what I would potentially like to receive? Since there is no way for me to know for sure, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to write. Any help would be greatly appreciated. =)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I would estimate conservatively.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Haha, yeah, that's what I feared. I hate estimating.

I guess if I look on the bright side, I could use that estimate as a goal to motivate me in my scholarship hunting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Research the uni & their financial awards criteria ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mot345 Mot345
I've been putting nothing unless they specifically ask for the potential that I could receive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Mot345 wrote
I've been putting nothing unless they specifically ask for the potential that I could receive.

Hmmm, that actually sounds like a really good idea. Because logically, I can't really expect to obtain a certain amount, unless I've already been told that I've won something. Thanks a lot =D
Was this helpful? Yes 0