yconic - Explore 2011
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Explore 2011

A photo of cmcneil92 cmcneil92
Hey! I'm just wondering if anyone else applied for the explore program this year! I am so excited! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
245 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I was going to apply.
J'aime le francais, mais c'est trop cher. :(
Even though they give you a bursary, just the flight over and deposit will empty my whole bank account, sadly.
What campus/place did you pick?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
I applied.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I was going to apply.
J'aime le francais, mais c'est trop cher. :(
Even though they give you a bursary, just the flight over and deposit will empty my whole bank account, sadly.
What campus/place did you pick?

My top pick was Laval... i LOVE quebec city so much. My next two picks were Trois Pistoles and the Trois Rivieres. I really wanted somewhere that would count as a university credit... I gotta make it as worth it as possible lol.

Where else has everyone else applied?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Ahhhh I see I see
Do you speak French or are you going there to learn?
:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm a french major :) so just going to improve my french. I figure it will help boost my marks a bit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
i went last summer to quebec city (saint charles garnier college) and lived at laval university. any questions feel free to ask or PM me :)

i spent close to $1300 not including flights....ugh.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jenyouwin wrote
i went last summer to quebec city (saint charles garnier college) and lived at laval university. any questions feel free to ask or PM me :)

Does it really cost that much? Holy crap... at least my lovely parents will be helping me out :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
i went last summer :) i was in jonquiere, feel free to ask me questions too, if you'd like :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cmcneil92 wrote

@jenyouwin wrote

Does it really cost that much? Holy crap... at least my lovely parents will be helping me out :)

I went on every field trip (3, almost $100 each), ate out and shopped a lot. i guess i ahve a spending addiction :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HuShang HuShang
O hey guys, found the right chat after posting my own haha.

I signed up for:

1st - jonquiere
2nd - trois riviere

if anyone else applied or 'has' applied it'd be awesome if you could message me and i could get to know you before hand / get some more information about the two places respectively.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tofutchi tofutchi

@HuShang wrote

I signed up for:

1st - jonquiere
2nd - trois riviere

if anyone else applied or 'has' applied it'd be awesome if you could message me and i could get to know you before hand / get some more information about the two places respectively.

I went to Trois-Rivieres last summer. If you have any questions, ask away!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jl386s jl386s
I'm planning on applying, but have not gotten around to it. I just have to worry about my flight and deposit tho cuz I can apply for the government to fund my trip.
I'm having troubles deciding between a 10day bus tour for a United Nations Pilgrimmage or the five weeks in Quebec (i know its other places, but I really wanna go there). If u have some suggestions on my perdicament or which university to apply to PM me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of orangeflower orangeflower

@tofutchi wrote

@HuShang wrote

I signed up for:

1st - jonquiere
2nd - trois riviere

I went to Trois-Rivieres last summer. If you have any questions, ask away!

O:!
I went to trois rivieres too!!!!
i might consider going again this year, maybe outside of quebec :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93

@HuShang wrote

I signed up for:

1st - jonquiere
2nd - trois riviere

good choice in picking jonquiere! i went last summer! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lychee lychee
I applied to Universite laval as my first choice, I don't remember what else... all in Quebec (I can't access my application now). Hopefully I get it, this is my first time applying!

I had a question for someone who has taken it at a university level before: how many credits did you earn from it?

Good luck to everyone who applied!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sabby597 sabby597
i applied to:

1)pocatiere
2)quebec city
3)riviere du loup

anyone else apply there? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RichardS RichardS
1) Montreal
2) La Pocatiere
3) Victoria
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Any one else getting really anxious to hear if we get the bursary or not? i'm getting excited :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lychee lychee
I'm really excited also! I wish that they would hurry up and let us know though, if I do get in, I need to plan the rest of my summer around it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jsykiloveyou jsykiloveyou
Does anyone know the chances of getting a bursary and when we find out that we receive one or not? I hate not knowing what I'm doing in the summer! thannkks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm not sure about how good our chances are, but I do know that were supposed to find out in the beginning of April which I'm hoping means within the next week or two :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emmmh emmmh
I heard the odds are 50/50, they got 16000 applicants last year and accepted 8000.

I really need this for a degree requirement. If not I am financially screwed.
Last year applicants were notified March 28.

Fingers crossed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lychee lychee
Well, on the website it says the draw takes place mid-March.. if they've already done it, they should hurry up and tell us!!

I hope that the odds are more than 50% for people who have never been before.. this sounds like such an awesome experience!

Good luck, all!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Melodydrama Melodydrama
This is so nerve wracking. I've been waiting to apply for this program since my sister told me about it... two years ago or maybe two and a half. I only turn seventeen halfway through the summer so I wasn't eligible to apply to quite a few of them. My first choice was College Saint-Charles-Garnier, Riviere du Loup was my second and CEGEP at Trois Rivieres. I've heard that our odds are actually very good, more than 50/50 actually. Like someone else mentioned, they give priority to first time applicants. There's also the fact that many of the 8000 that are originally accepted give up the bursaries so that gives everyone else a greater chance of being accepted. I'm really hoping that we get notified soon. Bon chance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't worry so much about it. I'm sure you will all receive the bursary :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0