yconic - Extracurricular activities
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Extracurricular activities

A photo of ProteinPowder ProteinPowder
So,for the past four years, I haven't really done anything extracurricular, I joined a few clubs in like grade 9 and 10 but they weren't that active, don't remember going to a meeting. I'm worried because of some of the scholarships and since I applied to Vic College, I have to write essays about some of the extracurricular activities I have done, and I didn't do anything.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of smokelky smokelky
Its never too late to start doing extracurricular activities. I went into my grade 12 year in the same situation as you, not having a whole lot of involvement in extracurricular activities during my high school years. I got involoved. I started volunteering for my karate club, ran summer equine camps and contributed to the yearbook at school. All the of these helped me, so I just suggest getting involved with things you enjoy doing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Like smokelky said, it's not too late to start getting involved now.
but keep in mind when you're applying to scholarships that many scholarship donors look for someone who is committed, so you would be better off looking for 1 thing to get involved in that you really enjoy doing rather than getting involved with 289572985 different organizations for a week each.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kreitmeier kreitmeier
I'm in the same boat. I'm applying for education and you need so much extracurricular and volunteer.. especially with kids and stuff. Look into community service volunteering and get involved at your school. That's the easiest way to do it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mystic93 Mystic93
Guidance offices are usually great at having lists of local volunteer opportunities. :)

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KimboIsBomb KimboIsBomb
Extracurriculars are very important.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@kreitmeier wrote
I'm in the same boat. I'm applying for education and you need so much extracurricular and volunteer.. especially with kids and stuff. Look into community service volunteering and get involved at your school. That's the easiest way to do it.

i agree. and to add to that, esp if you're going into education, do TUTORING. it helps ! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of harneetmann harneetmann
just because you hadn't been involved before doesn't mean you cant start.
go crazy, join clubs, volunteer
do what you got to do
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Amy907 Amy907
Volunteering looks amazing on a scholarship application -- try to find places y can volunteer some time in. Inner city organizations, food banks, or animal shelters are great places to volunteer and can be really rewarding too!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted