yconic - Failing a term
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Failing a term

A photo of Hug Hug
Hi.
One of my friend is doing really bad in AP calculus and he's failing term 3 right now.
He passed term 1 and 2 with 80% and 75%. Even if he fails term 3, he will still pass the course because his average for final is above 50%.
However if he fails term 3, will this affect a chance to get into UBC engineering?
He's using physics,chemistry,math,and english for the admission and UBC doesnt require calculus for engineering program. Will anything happen to him? He's my best friend and i really want him to get in too.

P.S. He's a BC student
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of hapmie hapmie
If calculus isn't required then he is fine. I also have the same problem with physics but I'm not worried because they will not look at it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
If it's not a pre-req, then it shouldn't even matter.
They won't even look at it.. just the top 4 that he uses for admission.
I'm in that position too.. I'm not failing third term but my AP Calc mark is dropping.
If he takes the AP exam and gets a 4 or 5, he will get to skip one semester of university Math but that's about it, nothing else to worry about.
But I wouldn't advise writing the exam if he's not even passing the course....

P.S. I like how you used your "friend," I bet that "friend" is actually yourself. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Hug Hug

@cyynthiia wrote
P.S. I like how you used your "friend," I bet that "friend" is actually yourself. :P

LOL no AP calculus is such a fun class to me. I dont need to do any homework and i can still get a decent mark.
The class that i'm struggling is AP statistics not AP calculus :cheers:

Was this helpful? Yes 0