yconic - Failing Grade 11 U Chemistry...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Failing Grade 11 U Chemistry...

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest
Ok, so right now, I'm currently failing chemistry. Its definitely something I'm not proud of. I have a 40 % average right now. Tomorrow, I have a unit test, which I'm quite sure I'll fail. I have a math test tomorrow too so I'm focusing on math (because I need the course). I don't plan on taking chemistry again (I don't need it, and its too late to drop it). I will get a tutor ASAP, in order to bring my marks up. I honestly only need 50%, because I need the credit. Will I still be able to pass this course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of g93 g93
If you get above 50, yes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest

@g93 wrote
If you get above 50, yes.

Yeah, but what are the chances? I'm fairly certain I can pass, but i'm still a bit anxious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
I found 11 Chem sumamtive to be easy. I don't know if yours will be, but that is a chance to bump your mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
You will pass if you try. Grade 11 chem is nothing compared to gr 12 chem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of knight123 knight123
You can pass if you try your best at the little assignments and labs. Those little assignments count little but they add up at the end. Also, i suggest instead of a tuto, you find somebody in the class who can help you at lunch. By sharing your ideas, you will learn faster and understand more. Don't waste money on a tutor. And be sure to read the material over even though it is very dry. Don't fret too much over unit tests but do study for them. Do ALL THE HOMEWORK QUESTIONS. they usually show up on the test.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme

@heesoup wrote
You will pass if you try. Grade 11 chem is nothing compared to gr 12 chem.

yea i gdid 10% worse in grade 12 chem than grade 11 chem.. thenagain i had a bad teacher but honestly grade 11 chem is nothing but if u wanna take chem again youd better try ahard
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Chem 11 = Math 10 pretty much.
At least that's what it was like for me.
I feel like chem 11 wasn't much concept compared to chem 12, just math - LOTS of it.
I think you'd still be able to pull that 40 up to a 50 if you really tried and kept the mindset that you should be aiming for a little more than just a pass.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of viramay viramay
I didn't find grade 11 chemistry difficult at all.

I'm pretty sure if you just TRY, you will definitely pass (>50%).

It seems like you're not even trying, just because you don't plan on studying chemistry ever again...
Was this helpful? Yes 0