yconic - Far away
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Far away

A photo of Valentina Valentina
[size=6]Hi...I'm from a faraway country... actually...I'm in latin america (venezuela) but I want to try out as many opportunities as I could, because local money cannot be compare with dollars, and the quality of education in my country is getting worse. So my intentions are to gain a little (or bigger) amount of money through the scholarships offered and evaluate the posibility of going to Canada and study there.

I wanted to know if I can participate even being out of the territory and the money (in case I recieve something) can be suitable to me, or lets say...usable if I go to Canada or anything for studying... it would be a dream came true ... so, what can i do?...

I'll really appreciate any answer or suggestion/advice you guys can give me...

P.S.: sorry for any grammatical mistake.[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of experiencer experiencer
Hi Valentina,

I completely understand your situation. Going to university while living at home is already a financial hardship for me, nevertheless to say leaving home to study and experience a new place!

I would suggest that you ask your school teachers and counsellors for help.
The scholarships I am matched with mostly are for Canadian students. But see if you can set your profile to non-Canadian (I'm not sure). Some universities offer scholarships to International Students too. For example, UBC here http://www.students.ubc.ca/finance/types-of-financial-support/scholarships-awards/.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Valentina Valentina
thank you very much experiencer...im gonna check out that web-site ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0