yconic - Fasttracking means early acceptance...?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Fasttracking means early acceptance...?

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I'm in grade 11, and this year I'm taking grade 12 french, calculus, functions, and philosophy. I understand that universities base their early acceptances on grade 11 marks...but let's say next year I get english, chemistry, and physics first semester. And I get good in all those courses...wouldn't that mean I already have my top 6 for engineering? Cause I'll have calc, functions, and philo/french (whichever one is higher) from this year, and then english, physics, chemistry from first semester of next year. So wouldn't my grade 11 marks mean nothing because they'd have all the marks they need? Just curious...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Sounds about right.
I think most universities that give early acceptances based on grade 12 marks are for those who are in the process of completing the grade 12 courses..
But you're already over halfway there.
Half your courses are already at the grade 12 level so I wouldn't even worry too much about the grade 11 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@iliketurtles wrote
I'm in grade 11, and this year I'm taking grade 12 french, calculus, functions, and philosophy. I understand that universities base their early acceptances on grade 11 marks...but let's say next year I get english, chemistry, and physics first semester. And I get good in all those courses...wouldn't that mean I already have my top 6 for engineering? Cause I'll have calc, functions, and philo/french (whichever one is higher) from this year, and then english, physics, chemistry from first semester of next year. So wouldn't my grade 11 marks mean nothing because they'd have all the marks they need? Just curious...

Are you in IB by chance? Because I'm doing the same thing, and you bring up a good point. I've already finished off a pre-requisite (Physics 12), and I'll have Advanced Functions and Chemistry 12 done by the end of this year (grade 11). I'm pretty sure I have Calc first semester next year, but only an English World Literature course (I don't think it counts...I have ENG4U second semester). Anyways, does this mean if I apply for early acceptance, only my Grade 12 marks are considered? :O

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@ninetyfour wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

Are you in IB by chance? Because I'm doing the same thing, and you bring up a good point. I've already finished off a pre-requisite (Physics 12), and I'll have Advanced Functions and Chemistry 12 done by the end of this year (grade 11). I'm pretty sure I have Calc first semester next year, but only an English World Literature course (I don't think it counts...I have ENG4U second semester). Anyways, does this mean if I apply for early acceptance, only my Grade 12 marks are considered? :O

Yeup I'm in IB :) I'm taking SL math and SL french, and my TOK course is this year, and I'm positive I can get a 7 in math and a 6/7 in french (french immersion ftw). That would give me three courses in the mid-high 90s already so I'm hoping I have a little more room for error in grade 12, and TOK is just a joke...at least with my teacher. lol
and yes I guess it means only our grade 12 (4U) marks are considered, if we can get all the prerequisites in time :)
Edit: I'll be dropping out though, my school only offers HL chemistry and I barely managed an 80 in chem last semester. :( are you planning on staying in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

@iliketurtles wrote

Yeup I'm in IB :) I'm taking SL math and SL french, and my TOK course is this year, and I'm positive I can get a 7 in math and a 6/7 in french (french immersion ftw). That would give me three courses in the mid-high 90s already so I'm hoping I have a little more room for error in grade 12, and TOK is just a joke...at least with my teacher. lol
and yes I guess it means only our grade 12 (4U) marks are considered, if we can get all the prerequisites in time :)
Edit: I'll be dropping out though, my school only offers HL chemistry and I barely managed an 80 in chem last semester. :( are you planning on staying in?

Yeah, I'm probably going to stay in, even though I'm being forced to take History (which is one of my least favourite subjects and a very weak one too...I think I'm in the 60-70 range atm, but hopefully universities don't look at that). I'm taking HL Math (because the only other option is HL History, lol) and I've heard from EVERYONE that it's pretty difficult, but I'm hoping to get atleast a 5 or 6 so I can be in a good range. :)

That sucks about HL Chemistry. My school used to offer it, but removed it because apparently it was the reason a lot of kids didn't get their diploma or something...but I am taking SL Chem.

Good luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0