yconic - Favorite quotes
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Favorite quotes

A photo of DiddlySquat DiddlySquat
"There is no greater love than the love for money"
-DiddlySquat 2011

Previously, my favorite quote was,

"There is no greater love than the love for DiddlySquat" by the same person. But then I realized that I do infact love money even more so than I love myself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
29 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@DiddlySquat wrote
"There is no greater love than the love for money"
-DiddlySquat 2011

Previously, my favorite quote was,

"There is no greater love than the love for DiddlySquat" by the same person. But then I realized that I do infact love money even more so than I love myself.

Mine is

"There is no greater money than the DiddlySquat for love"

Oh wait.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Coach Carter.
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
"Don't eat yellow snow"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Lafromage Lafromage
WHAT YOU SAY FOOL!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin
I never make tyios
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of rebeccacolford rebeccacolford
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam .

- I'll either find a way or make one .. It's going in my yearbook writeup :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

"Quando omni flunkus moritati."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
Oh, I love collecting quotes. They're all ones that I've found online so authors may be inaccurate.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I’ve ever known." - Chuck Palahniuk

"How strange it is. We have these deep terrible lingering fears about ourselves and the people we love. Yet we walk around, talk to people, eat and drink. We manage to function. The feelings are deep and real. Shouldn’t they paralyze us? How is it we can survive them, at least for a little while? We drive a car, we teach a class. How is it no one sees how deeply afraid we were, last night, this morning? Is it something we all hide from each other, by mutual consent? Or do we share the same secret without knowing it? Wear the same disguise?" - Don DeLillo

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte

"The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men’s brains, proves that he has no brains of his own. You need to read." - Charles Spurgeon

"If you aren’t cute, you may as well be clever." - David Sedaris

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Unknown

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived... this is the meaning of success." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
I said that!
:)
But the whole quote.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of youstoppedmakingsense youstoppedmakingsense
I have collected tons of quotes in my facebook page, :D but here's one that couldn't be more relevant to my life now:

If I go to university, I’m going to read what I want, and listen to what I want, and I’m going to look at paintings, and watch French films, and I’m going to talk to people who know lots about lots." -- Jenny (An Education)

and just another one that I love so much:
[quote]Loneliness is the human condition. Cultivate it. The way it tunnels into you allows your soul room to grow. Never expect to outgrow loneliness. Never hope to find people who will understand you, someone to fill that space. And intelligent, sensitive person is the exception, the very great exception. If you expect to find people who will understand you, you will grow murderous with disappointment. The best you’ll ever do is to understand yourself, know what it is that you want, and not let the cattle stand in your way." - Janet Fitch[/quote]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Successful people replace the words “wish”, “should” and “try” with “I will”.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Onee Onee
Nobody untrained in geometry may enter my house
- Plato

The popular idea of mathematics is that it is largely concerned with calculations. What many people don't realize -- and mathematicians at parties have given up correcting them -- is that mathematicians are often no better calculators, and sometimes worse, than the average non-mathematician. . . . Even the giants of mathematics suffer from this minor disability: 'Sir Isaac Newton,' said one observer, 'though so deep in algebra and fluxions, could not readily make up a common account; and, when he was Master of the Mint, used to get somebody else else to make up his accounts for him.'

-Karl Sabbagh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."

Richard Dawkins.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kingsonnest kingsonnest
My favourite quote is

"Thus conscience does make coward of us all" :)

Can anyone guess who wrote this? Which book? xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
That DEFINITELY is Shakespeare.
:P
I remember that line from Hamlet last year.
To be or not to be, that is the question....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Steven Roberts

"The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." - John Maynard Keynes

"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success." - Ross Perot
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of empressok empressok
"That's what she said."
-Michael Scott
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idylle10 idylle10
^ IS THAT WHERE IT CAME FROM? WOWOWOW LOL i thought he copied it from somewhere else. man I love the office.
Was this helpful? Yes 0