yconic - Fifa Women's World Cup 2011
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Fifa Women's World Cup 2011

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm just wondering, am I the only one following the Women's World Cup 2011?

Any other spectators or fans?

Go Canada:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I hate soccer
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
I hate soccer

Soccer hates you too ;)
(no offence)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
I wouldn't hate soccer so much if soccer players would stop being such wussies every time somebody even slightly touches them. I think the acting and injury-faking is disgusting and really lowers my respect of those particular players. I don't think the women are as bad with this though.

I am a rugby player. Hence the disgust.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

True, but "acting" is part of soccer just like violence is part of hockey. Btw, I hate rugby and you hate soccer. Thus, we're even:compress: :cheese: . I'm not sure what "issue" is present in rugby, but there certainly is one in every sport.

Anyway, my disappointment has grown after Canada's loss to France 4-0 today. :(
Canada really sucks at soccer. I'm not sure if its the same in rugby.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Yes, the diving is repugnant (even moreso for soccer fans), but the game is beautiful and exciting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@littleroom wrote
Yes, the diving is repugnant (even moreso for soccer fans), but the game is beautiful and exciting.

+++1. So true! :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
How does the acting contribute to the game in any way though?

The Canadian women's sevens team has won all of the international tournaments so far this year. They are looking strong, and with 7s rugby in the 2016 Olympics, it would be awesome to see the Canadian women take home a medal. The men aren't as strong though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote

The Canadian women's sevens team has won all of the international tournaments so far this year. They are looking strong, and with 7s rugby in the 2016 Olympics, it would be awesome to see the Canadian women take home a medal. The men aren't as strong though.

The acting slows the game down, hence prompting the ref for more extra time. It also results in a yellow card if the ref "notices" that the player is acting. Good to know we actually had a rugby team for women, I didn't know that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@econnected wrote

@ktel wrote

The acting slows the game down, hence prompting the ref for more extra time. It also results in a yellow card if the ref "notices" that the player is acting. Good to know we actually had a rugby team for women, I didn't know that.

Yes, I play with/against many of the women on the national team. There are teams in both 7s and 15s, but with 7s entering the Olympics I would imagine there will be a lot more focus on that. I can't WAIT to see the girls I know compete at the Olympics
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

^ U still mad bro??
Was this helpful? Yes 0