yconic - Finance: AFM-FM..Laurier BBA/Fin. Math....QC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Finance: AFM-FM..Laurier BBA/Fin. Math....QC

A photo of durres durres
I need to chose between these three programs:

AFM-FM

Laurier BBA/Fin Math

QC

I am looking to work in finance; high finance, CFA, consulting, maybe even opening my own company. Out of these three schools which would be best? I am sure there are other people with the same question, so if we an all please get together and have a discussion I would really appreciate it as I am looking for some guidance.

Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
QC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caesar caesar

@durres wrote

AFM-FM

Laurier BBA/Fin Math

QC

I am looking to work in finance; high finance, CFA, consulting, maybe even opening my own company. Out of these three schools which would be best? I am sure there are other people with the same question, so if we an all please get together and have a discussion I would really appreciate it as I am looking for some guidance.

Thank you!

If Fin Math is Laurier-side, I would cut it out of the picture.

QC is pretty well-known for finance/consulting. Define high finance. If you mean ibanking, especially in Wall St., Ivey is your closest shot out of all of these choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres
you really like QC I see ahah

Did you decide yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@caesar wrote

@durres wrote

AFM-FM

Laurier BBA/Fin Math

QC

Thank you!

QC is pretty well-known for finance/consulting. Define high finance. If you mean ibanking, especially in Wall St., Ivey is your closest shot out of all of these choices.

how about UW/WLU bmath/bba?

@johnnycanuck wrote
QC

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres

@caesar wrote

@durres wrote

AFM-FM

Laurier BBA/Fin Math

QC

Thank you!

I'm thinking climbing the ladder in industry jobs, huge corporations etc.

but I was thinking maybe do Laurier BBA/FIN manth or AFM-FM for 2 years, get a term of co-op, and than go to Ivey 3rd year? Do you think that would be hard to do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caesar caesar

@durres wrote

Did you decide yet?

If you're talking to me, I'm thinking of either QC or Ivey at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@durres wrote

Did you decide yet?

Still waiting on Fellowship, won't decide untiL May 30th at the earliest :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of durres durres

@caesar wrote

@durres wrote

Did you decide yet?

If you're talking to me, I'm thinking of either QC or Ivey at this point.

Sorry I didn't speify I was talking to ohny because this isn't the first time he suggested QC to me haha.

But are you going into finance as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0