yconic - Finance Prospects on the West Coast
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Finance Prospects on the West Coast

A photo of pencilton pencilton
Hey guys I am wondering how good the finance opportunities (investment banking, corporate finance etc.) are for cities on the west coast. I will be attending Schulich's BBA program this fall and I plan to pursue an MBA after graduation and possibly a CFA. I would love to go somewhere in the states for my MBA (maybe Columbia, MIT or Penn) but realistically it will probably be somewhere in Canada (Ivey, Rotman or Desautels). How good would finance recruiting be for a Schulich grad, with a CFA and an MBA from a major Canadian school in cities like Vancouver, LA, San Francisco and Seattle? Is recruiting from west coast firms strong in Ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
You'd probably want to ask or search for your question on http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums instead.

My only comment would be that West Cost S&T opportunities would be real painful since you have to work the East Coast (New York) market hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pencilton pencilton

@immaculatedx wrote
You'd probably want to ask or search for your question on http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums instead.

My only comment would be that West Cost S&T opportunities would be real painful since you have work the East Coast (New York) market hours.

Oh yeah I didn't think of that haaha. I guess it wouldn't be too bad though. Early mornings but leave work early.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Illuminar Illuminar
"Early mornings" means 2am. Traders are in a few hours before markets open.
Was this helpful? Yes 0