yconic - Finances & how to make the most out of University..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Finances & how to make the most out of University..

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
Yeah I feel the same way. My parents are paying for my education but my sister is 4 years younger and will be entering undergrad when I go to professional school. My mom doesn't work either, so my dad will be paying for an undergrad + grad school education at the same time.

I applied for a lot of scholarships, grants, bursaries etc to help reduce the costs my parents have to pay. And I've worked some summers + personal savings..have about $10k saved up that I will use to contribute.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Yeah I feel the same way. My parents are paying for my education but my sister is 4 years younger and will be entering undergrad when I go to professional school. My mom doesn't work either, so my dad will be paying for an undergrad + grad school education at the same time.

I applied for a lot of scholarships, grants, bursaries etc to help reduce the costs my parents have to pay. And I've worked some summers + personal savings..have about $10k saved up that I will use to contribute.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Makins Makins
The price tag of an education is pretty steep but my guess is that your parents would rather you go to school to open up a world of opportunities to you then not. I know that doesn't take away the guilt but if your parents are paying all this money for you to go to school then don't let yourself get too stressed out and worried. Take every opportunity to do your best and prove to your parents (and yourself) that it is worth it!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kmatties Kmatties
i pay for my schoo, and it does feel good to do it on my own somewhat.
i would encourage you to try and contribe you to something, such as working.
It shows your parents you are thankful that they pay. You also may feel proud of yourself :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0