yconic - First semester marks? Will my uni's and colleges look down at one single bad mark?...?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

First semester marks? Will my uni's and colleges look down at one single bad mark?...?

A photo of Bhass14 Bhass14
Okay so I just got my first semester marks... (Btw Im a British Columbian student)

History 85
English 78
Biology 57
Law 83

and the rest of the two are next semester.

I applied to Humber College, U of T and Ryerson... Will my universities look down at my biology mark which is considerably low? What about Humber college?

I applied to the Paralegal education program and Bachelor of Applied Arts in Paralegal studies. How easy is it to get into Humber?

I also applied to the sociology programs in Ryerson and U of T and UTM...

Im extremely worried about my marks now... :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ripy ripy
Have you considered taking three courses next semester, instead of two. So your biology would automatically be crossed from the top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ripy wrote
Have you considered taking three courses next semester, instead of two. So your biology would automatically be crossed from the top 6.

Well next semester I have English Literature and French 12... I was thinking of retaking biology? And don't they ask for 4 provincially examinable courses from bc students?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ripy ripy
I'm not sure about the regulations concerning out of province admissions but we have to have top 6. I think you should retake biology and it won't be so difficult the next time around since you have already covered the subject. You have the tests and quiz to prepare you. So, retake it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ripy ripy
Also in regards to your thread whether they will look down upon it. I'm dealing with the same issue and I have been posting on this forum as well. I don't think universities have time to "look down upon" students, my guidance counsellor told me that for most programs its strictly marks, unless your applying to a program that requires a portfolio and such. Like if your top 6 or top 4 like you said add up to a good average than you should have no trouble getting into the university of your choice.

Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ripy wrote
Also in regards to your thread whether they will look down upon it. I'm dealing with the same issue and I have been posting on this forum as well. I don't think universities have time to "look down upon" students, my guidance counsellor told me that for most programs its strictly marks, unless your applying to a program that requires a portfolio and such. Like if your top 6 or top 4 like you said add up to a good average than you should have no trouble getting into the university of your choice.

Good luck

Thankyou! you've been a great help :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0