yconic - First wave of McGill acceptances are coming out this week..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

First wave of McGill acceptances are coming out this week..

A photo of prmly prmly
I just finished self-reporting my grades.
My grade 11 marks were, to put it kindly, complete crap and not as high I wanted them to be so I'll probably be deferred into consideration in the second round. My grade 11 average was 85% and my current grade 12 average is at a comfortable 93%.

The estimated dates for posting of admission decisions are February 2 - 28.

WHO'S EXCITED? NERVOUS?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
198 replies

A photo of Lisacom Lisacom
bahh! I feel your pain! I'm pretty much in the same boat!
So universities abroad eh? that's heaps cool! why in another country though? Were you offered any scholarships?
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Lisacom wrote
bahh! I feel your pain! I'm pretty much in the same boat!
So universities abroad eh? that's heaps cool! why in another country though? Were you offered any scholarships?
Good luck!

I'm an Italian citizen thus a citizen of the European Union, so I don't get charged tuition. To European schools, I'm simply a domestic student who went to school overseas. Living in Europe is expensive, sure, but so is Vancouver and I can legally work in Copenhagen if expenses are tight. If I go to school in Italy, I'll be given a stipend of 800 Euros per month to help with living expenses, but I don't want to go to Italy for my undergrad.

I'm not at all apprehensive about leaving my friends and family. I guess it looks selfish on the surface but I'm independent as hell (textbook definition of a latchkey only child) and I want adventure and excitement. I'm a Sweden enthusiast (some people are obsessed with Japan... I'm obsessed with Sweden) and Scandinavia seems like a good place for me right now.

How about you? Apply out-of-country?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of allentsai allentsai
I didn't apply for early admission, but I'm still excited for some reason hahaha. 93% is solid, have faith! you might get in! I'm hoping I can get into arts regular admission with 88%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
Oh man, I did not know they started accepting so soon!
I don't think I'll get accepted this round because last time I checked it said they will not obtain my marks from OUAC until March.:thumbdown
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony

@clairec21 wrote
Oh man, I did not know they started accepting so soon!
I don't think I'll get accepted this round because last time I checked it said they will not obtain my marks from OUAC until March.:thumbdown

Yeah, I think that I read that early acceptances for Ontario students isn't until March 1.
I just got my Minerva information and I see that my high school transcript is outstanding. But since I put in my OUAC reference number, does that cover for it or do I mail my transcript too? I think I might mail it anyway... I'd rather waste a bit of money on post than risk messing it up, haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lemony wrote

Yeah, I think that I read that early acceptances for Ontario students isn't until March 1.
I just got my Minerva information and I see that my high school transcript is outstanding. But since I put in my OUAC reference number, does that cover for it or do I mail my transcript too? I think I might mail it anyway... I'd rather waste a bit of money on post than risk messing it up, haha.

That's what my Minerva says and everyone else I know who applied says the same thing.
I asked my guidance counsellor and she said we don't have to mail our transcripts, but I guess it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony

@clairec21 wrote

@lemony wrote

That's what my Minerva says and everyone else I know who applied says the same thing.
I asked my guidance counsellor and she said we don't have to mail our transcripts, but I guess it doesn't hurt to make sure.

OK, cool. Well, I guess that takes off the pressure to get that done quickly. I'll talk to my guidance counsellor once I get a chance. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Zion Zion
Bumping this because I have a question and didn't want to make my own thread.

I submitted my marks online to McGill on the weekend for all my completed grade 11 and 12 courses. But then after I realized I had forgot to add "Foods 11" because I took it in grade 10. Now, I got a 94 in it so if they see it on my transcript at least they'll know I didn't deliberately omit it because it would lower my average. Should I let them know or does it not really matter since it's not an academic course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Zion wrote
Bumping this because I have a question and didn't want to make my own thread.

I submitted my marks online to McGill on the weekend for all my completed grade 11 and 12 courses. But then after I realized I had forgot to add "Foods 11" because I took it in grade 10. Now, I got a 94 in it so if they see it on my transcript at least they'll know I didn't deliberately omit it because it would lower my average. Should I let them know or does it not really matter since it's not an academic course?

Now I'm not an admissions director at McGill or anything of that sort but I'm guessing they wouldn't give a damn. If you forgot to self-report Math 11 or Chemistry 11, I would urge you to let them know but it's Foods 11.. I don't know, I guess there's nothing wrong with letting them know either just in case.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Does how early you submitted marks correspond to how early you get the decision in the first round range of dates?

Hope not ... I submitted second last day :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly

@Alizarin wrote
Does how early you submitted marks correspond to how early you get the decision in the first round range of dates?

Hope not ... I submitted second last day :P

God, I hope not, too. I submitted my marks maybe a week before they were do?

If you're from a province outside of Ontario or Quebec, you'll be notified of your early admission between February 2-28.. the rest of the acceptances will be regular and on a rolling basis throughout March, April, and May. I don't want to wait that long.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@prmly wrote
I don't want to wait that long.

I feel your pain. My McGill acceptance is the only one I'm really nervous about.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@prmly wrote
Now I'm not an admissions director at McGill or anything of that sort but I'm guessing they wouldn't give a damn. If you forgot to self-report Math 11 or Chemistry 11, I would urge you to let them know but it's Foods 11.. I don't know, I guess there's nothing wrong with letting them know either just in case.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, haha. Thanks.

Even though I'm not really considering McGill at the moment, I'm excited to hear back so soon. Other acceptances should be coming by spring break, except UBC which makes you wait forever.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
DID ANYONE GET IT
mine still says "Ready for Review"
lord have mercy I am way too anxious
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dubdee dubdee
It's definitely nerve wracking! we shall all endure this time together!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Still ready for review.
Set and go already McGill :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

"Admitted Pending Final Results"

Yay :cheers: I submitted marks last moment too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Alizarin wrote
"Admitted Pending Final Results"

Yay :cheers: I submitted marks last moment too!

CONGRATULATIONS! That's great news, excited?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ReDesign ReDesign
Just got admitted into the Sciences program. :D Just wondering, what does "High School Graduation Proof Not yet received/processed" under my checklist mean?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ReDesign wrote
Just got admitted into the Sciences program. :D Just wondering, what does "High School Graduation Proof Not yet received/processed" under my checklist mean?

It's just because you haven't actually graduated yet. It'll go away once you send your final transcripts, it'll be the proof (:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93

@ReDesign wrote

i'm guessing you're in grade 12 and you graduate in june soo they won't have proof of your graduation until you actually do
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Suntracker wrote

@ReDesign wrote

It's just because you haven't actually graduated yet. It'll go away once you send your final transcripts, it'll be the proof (:

Ooh, ok. Phew. And yeah, no problem. Grade 11 final:93.5 Grade 12 Interim: 95.86
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ReDesign wrote

@Suntracker wrote

@ReDesign wrote

Ooh, ok. Phew. And yeah, no problem. Grade 11 final:93.5 Grade 12 Interim: 95.86

Ohmygoodnesssss. You give me hope, haha, my grade 12's were at 95.25. So anxious haha. Did you already do English 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Suntracker wrote

@ReDesign wrote

@Suntracker wrote

@ReDesign wrote

Ohmygoodnesssss. You give me hope, haha, my grade 12's were at 95.25. So anxious haha. Did you already do English 12?

Haha. I was worried about my grade 11 marks. And yeah, my school isn't divided into semesters, so those marks include all subjects excluding electives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0