yconic - First year course suggestions for Arts at UBC?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

First year course suggestions for Arts at UBC?

A photo of emma1330 emma1330
Honestly, I have no idea where to start...

I have one course requirement for first year (I'm pretty sure? Correct me if I'm wrong), which is a Writing requirement, so I have to choose between English 100 and this thing called Arts Studies in Research and Writing, which is more of an interdisciplinary approach (according to my pamphlet). I really don't know what I want to major in yet, so I don't know which one to take. I would really love anyone who knows anything about this for any advice.

And other suggestions are totally welcome.. I'm afraid I'm either going to take courses that interest me and then close doors to future courses or take courses I don't like just because I think it's going to be useful and then have an unenjoyable first year.

One more thing: is it wise to take a visual arts course? I want to have something that doesn't need a textbook but I don't want it to be a complete waste of time.

Thanks so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies