yconic - FIRST YEAR WESTERN KINESIOLOGY COURSE SELECTION HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

FIRST YEAR WESTERN KINESIOLOGY COURSE SELECTION HELP!

A photo of rachelvarga rachelvarga
i'm trying to figure out my classes for first year kinesiology at western but i don't know what i need and what else i should take! anyone have any ideas?! HELP!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm not going into the Kinesiology program, but in Nursing. I went through the website and it will give you a breakdown of what courses you need for first year, depending on your specialization. Ex: Are you Majoring in Kin, or only taking it as a Minor?
Assuming it's your Major, these are the 6 courses required:

Kinesiology 1080a/b – Introduction to Psychomotor Behavior
Kinesiology 1088a/b – Introduction to Sport Psychology
Physiology 1021 – Human Physiology
Three full-course equivalent elective **

Here's the link to the page: http://www.uwo.ca/fhs/kin/ug/programs/program_info/4_year_major.html
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kshar Kshar

@rachelvarga wrote
i'm trying to figure out my classes for first year kinesiology at western but i don't know what i need and what else i should take! anyone have any ideas?! HELP!

The poster above me is correct. Physiology and the two kinesiology half credits are all that are required for the first year of the program. Besides those courses, you still have 3 full credits worth of electives to take. Psychology 1000 is a fairly popular elective among first year students in general, regardless of their program. Dr. Mike was the prof I had, and I enjoyed his lectures. The coursework itself is not that bad. There are quizzes (unlimited attempts) worth 10% of your total mark, 2 midterm exams, a Christmas exam, and a final exam. There is a lot of reading required, approximately 200 pages per exam, and every single little bit of detail is testable. I found the questions themselves to be fairly straightforward and easy though. It's not tough to do well in if you put work into the course. Biology is also a common elective among kin students.

For your last elective, take whatever you want as long as it interests you. I heard first year comp sci is easy. Other kids in kin end up taking physics or chem. It's really up to you. These 3 credits are electives, and can be used to take any courses you would like to
Was this helpful? Yes 0