yconic - Food and Nutrition at Ryerson or UofT?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Food and Nutrition at Ryerson or UofT?

A photo of iBeBored iBeBored
Right now, I'm a first year student at the University of Guelph and majoring in nutritional and nutraceutical sciences. Because of personal reasons, I am thinking about transferring to Ryerson and switching my major to Food and Nutrition at either Ryerson or UofT St. George.

The thing is, I'm wondering if any of my credits will be transferred over if I go to Ryerson or UofT because Guelph's system is totally different! After this year, I will have credits for:

General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Physics for Life Sciences I
Physics for Life Sciences II
Sociology 1100
Psychology 1200 (Dynamics of Behavior)
Math 1080 (which is basically first year calculus for life sciences)
Biology 1080 (Human health)
Biology 1070 (Biodiversity)
Biology 1090 (Molecular)

All of which are first year courses

I was also reading up on what courses that you have to take at Ryerson, and they seem totally different than these! D: And I haven't even looked at UofT courses yet!

Any information on Ryerson courses or transfer credits would be greatly appreciated!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ttaarraa ttaarraa
Just so you know, the Ryerson program is accredited, if you are eventually planning on becoming a dietitian. U of T's is not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iBeBored iBeBored

@ttaarraa wrote
Just so you know, the Ryerson program is accredited, if you are eventually planning on becoming a dietitian. U of T's is not.

So I would DEFINITELY have to go to Ryerson then...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tatechacha tatechacha
Yes - if you want to become a dietitian. If you want to go into research/academics, then no. There're 3 accredited programs in Ontario - Guelph, Ryerson, Western Ontario Brescia.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted