yconic - For many of you who are worried about UTSC coop!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

For many of you who are worried about UTSC coop!

A photo of XCEINOX XCEINOX
I know a lot of people who got accepted into regular and coop either last friday or today, that includes myself and a close friend of mine. I personally think the cut off has gone down this year so.. since a lot of people are worried im just gonna post my brief academic info; i got accepted into coop btw..
So its obvious that i got accepted based on my feb. marks, which weren't that great. i have ENG4U final- 82, mid 80s for both maths, and the rest were mid term marks, so overall my average is only at an 86, which isn't that high, so the myth of needing english mark to be at high 80s isn't true either. And as for SAF, mine was submitted over a month past the deadline (jan29) and my friend made a mistake on his and missed a section... My friend has an 88 average and got into coop as well on the same day; and we got nervous seeing all those people who were put into pre-management with high 80s...so hope this post can help some of you who are still freaking out :D and for those of you who got pre management, you still have a chance of being upgraded after midterms!Congrats on those who already got accepted and good luck to you all!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of exdee exdee
^ lol, in a way a bit true.

coop management places a fairly equal wait on your ECs and your marks, more than the others i applied last year, i dont believe it is safe for anyone to rely on either marks or ECs alone. if you have a good mix of both, and you know what that means, you should be worse off scenario management

pre-program <- dont even think about it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

HOPE THAT REALLY HELPS
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@XCEINOX wrote
I know a lot of people who got accepted into regular and coop either last friday or today, that includes myself and a close friend of mine. I personally think the cut off has gone down this year so.. since a lot of people are worried im just gonna post my brief academic info; i got accepted into coop btw..
So its obvious that i got accepted based on my feb. marks, which weren't that great. i have ENG4U final- 82, mid 80s for both maths, and the rest were mid term marks, so overall my average is only at an 86, which isn't that high, so the myth of needing english mark to be at high 80s isn't true either. And as for SAF, mine was submitted over a month past the deadline (jan29) and my friend made a mistake on his and missed a section... My friend has an 88 average and got into coop as well on the same day; and we got nervous seeing all those people who were put into pre-management with high 80s...so hope this post can help some of you who are still freaking out :D and for those of you who got pre management, you still have a chance of being upgraded after midterms!Congrats on those who already got accepted and good luck to you all!

++++++++++++1
Was this helpful? Yes 0